Question Kuhlis And Cories In 29 Gallon

FiscCyning

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Does a 29 gallon aquarium have enough of a footprint for both kuhlI loaches and corydoras? I’m setting up a new 29 with a planned stocking list of 1 angelfish, 10-12 kuhlI loaches, and potentially a small school (6-8) of false juliI cories. I’m not worried about the bioload, since I have a 370 GPH canister filter on the tank, but I am worried that the two bottom dwelling species will be competing for space. I’ve never kept kuhlis before, so I’d love the advice of some kuhlI experts on this plan. Am I just worrying for nothing, or will the kuhlis be happier without cories in the tank? Thanks in advance!

Patrick Morris

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
FiscCyning said:
Does a 29 gallon aquarium have enough of a footprint for both kuhlI loaches and corydoras? I’m setting up a new 29 with a planned stocking list of 1 angelfish, 10-12 kuhlI loaches, and potentially a small school (6-8) of false juliI cories. I’m not worried about the bioload, since I have a 370 GPH canister filter on the tank, but I am worried that the two bottom dwelling species will be competing for space. I’ve never kept kuhlis before, so I’d love the advice of some kuhlI experts on this plan. Am I just worrying for nothing, or will the kuhlis be happier without cories in the tank? Thanks in advance!
Sounds good, are you not concerned that there will not be enough to look at at the top of the tank. Maybe a few archerfish could provided something to look at everywhere, but it’s your choice.

OP
FiscCyning

FiscCyning

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I may add a few guppies or something else smallish for the top of the tank. I definitely don’t have room for archerfish though - those guys get huge!

New Threads