Kuhlis all of a sudden glass surfing after dose of levamisole

MKnoob

Hey all, I have new kuhlis and a few of them were looking skinny (i.e. head thicker than body). The fish store told me they were treated already. But I made the decision to dose them with expel-P. After about 5 minutes they all started crazily glass surfing the aquarium (in the day with the light on). Did I make a mistake? Or does this suggest perhaps they indeed do have worms and now feel uncomfortable because the worms are trying to pass? Would like some reassurance please - I'm worried about them dying from stress now. thanks for any advice/comments you can give.

cichlidL

Kuhli loaches have really sensitive skin. In my experience, it's better to use a smaller dose of medication for them. I'd recommend doing a water change, then using only a half dose of the medication for future treatments.

Also, they could be malnourished. If they aren't eating sinking pellets, try giving them some frozen bloodworms. Most kuhlis LOVE bloodworms.

MKnoob

Kuhli loaches have really sensitive skin. In my experience, it's better to use a smaller dose of medication for them. I'd recommend doing a water change, then using only a half dose of the medication for future treatments.

Also, they could be malnourished. If they aren't eating sinking pellets, try giving them some frozen bloodworms. Most kuhlis LOVE bloodworms.
Thank you will do!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
Call Me Mags
Replies
Views
ap4lmtree
  • Question