Kuhli loaches in a bare bottom tank?

Discussion in 'Kuhli Loach' started by Junne, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

Will Kuhli loaches be okay in a bare bottom tank for a few weeks?

My QT tank is currently occupied with Zebra danio fry and as soon as they are a few months old, I plan on using the tank for 6 or so baby kuhli locaches.
    I know they prefer sand substrate ( which they will have one they are moved to my main tank ) and I don't really want to add sand to my qt.
    Will they do okay? I will probably put in some decor/covering so they can "hide" but that's about it.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

2. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

When I had them yrs ago they were fine in a bare bottom QT, I just chucked a terracotta pot in as a hide.

3. OP
    OP
    Junne

Thank you for the reply. Thats good to know! I didn't know if they would get stressed out if they couldn't burrow in the sand, etc.

Thanks!

Junne

4. Stuart42

Stuart42Valued MemberMember

You could also try putting a clay saucer from a pot with some sand in it to give your Kuhli loaches something to burrow in.

5. OP
    OP
    Junne

Brilliant! See thats why I always ask questions to this forum - you all think think of stuff that I didn't! Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice