Kuhli Loaches And Monte Carlo?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by FishManiak18, Aug 23, 2019.

1. FishManiak18

FishManiak18New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey all, so I recently set up my 55 gallon and am in the proccess of growing a carpet of monte carlo. Do you think I will have problems if I add some kuhli loaches? There is going to be quite a large patch of free space underneath my driftwood as well. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Rocco04

Rocco04New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Your loaches will need some more caves and darkness but as for the plants they should be fine as long as they’re planted in deep enough

3. OP
    OP
    FishManiak18

FishManiak18New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +5
    If I added a bunch of rocks under the driftwood, would that be enough for a school of kuhlis? Also, other stocking wanted to include a school of congo tetras and some bosemani rainbows, how many kuhlis could I put in/should put in?

4. Loachland

LoachlandValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +38
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Kuhlis like to be in groups, I'd recommend 5+, but with that much room you could host quite a lot. They have a pretty small bioload.

As for the rocks, it would probably be enough, but IMO (and I don't know if I've got the qualifications to back this up) less rocks that are more spread out would be better than tons of rocks in a clump. They're more likely to use the whole tank floor if they have hiding spaces readily available around its surface. Once the Monte Carlo grows out, it'd probably be great for that, actually.

Become a Fishlore Member