Kuhli loaches acting funny

1. limpet102511

limpet102511 Valued Member Member

I went to my petsmart about 2 or 3 weeks ago and picked up 10 Kuhli loaches . Sence then they have been mostly hiding or swimming around rocks and the fake silk plants I have. About 2 days ago I'm seeing some of them swimming in the back top/middle part of my 55g tank. I don't no if they are just playing swimming back and forth though the wall of bubble or if there is something wrong

Thank you for any advice

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

If they are swimming, they're fine. They have some really interesting antics. I wouldn't worry about it :)

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

As Jaysee said the really are funny :) Mine go crazy after a water change, feeding time ummm just about any time ;)
    carol

4. klogue2

klogue2 Valued Member Member

I agree, mine use to swim in a huge circle non-stop from the bottom of the tank, to the top and back. Was hilarious to watch! They'd go for maybe 5 minutes at least.

5. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

They can also go through periods of inactivity, so don't be surprised if you don't see any all of a sudden. Really interesting fish to keep.

6. OP
    OP
    limpet102511

limpet102511 Valued Member Member

Yea they would all be under rocks plants and at feeding time I would see them all dart out from different areas of the tank