Kuhli Loach Temp

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Mike the fish keeper, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Mike the fish keeper

Mike the fish keeperValued MemberMember

Ive seen many temp ranges for Kuhli loaches and cant pin it down. So what is the recommended temp range for them

2. tyguy7760

tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

I try to stick with fishbase unless i find reason that their temps are off. For kuhlis specifically I would go with the range they have for pangio kuhli. 75-86F

3. Igor95

Igor95Well Known MemberMember

I have 5 kuhlis in a qt and the temp is 75, just like my main tank

4. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

My Kuhli's in my main tank have temps that are somewhere between 73/75

5. tyguy7760

tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

Yeah I have a feeling they have a pretty large range. I've kept them in 75ish temps before as well.

6. bassbone

bassboneNew MemberMember

My single kuhli is in 80-82 degrees F. Sometimes gets higher in the summer, I don't have AC in my room and it can get up to the 90s during the day.
    (Deviation: Yes, I know he needs friends. All his friends jumped from a smaller tank they were in so I threw the survivor in my main tank in desperation to keep him alive.)
    Had him for maybe a year or more now. Real snail killer, always has a new snailshell graveyard depending on where he's moved, and he's bigger than any other kuhli I've ever seen, and I got him at only 1". I would say high temps are just fine.

7. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

A kuhli can only live in 90F waters temporaraily, if kept permanantly, it's lifespan will shorten

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice