Kuhli Loach Temp

Mike the fish keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ive seen many temp ranges for Kuhli loaches and cant pin it down. So what is the recommended temp range for them

tyguy7760

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I try to stick with fishbase unless i find reason that their temps are off. For kuhlis specifically I would go with the range they have for pangio kuhli. 75-86F

Igor95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have 5 kuhlis in a qt and the temp is 75, just like my main tank

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My Kuhli's in my main tank have temps that are somewhere between 73/75

tyguy7760

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Yeah I have a feeling they have a pretty large range. I've kept them in 75ish temps before as well.

bassbone

Reaction score
My single kuhli is in 80-82 degrees F. Sometimes gets higher in the summer, I don't have AC in my room and it can get up to the 90s during the day.
(Deviation: Yes, I know he needs friends. All his friends jumped from a smaller tank they were in so I threw the survivor in my main tank in desperation to keep him alive.)
Had him for maybe a year or more now. Real snail killer, always has a new snailshell graveyard depending on where he's moved, and he's bigger than any other kuhli I've ever seen, and I got him at only 1". I would say high temps are just fine.

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
bassbone said:
My single kuhli is in 80-82 degrees F. Sometimes gets higher in the summer, I don't have AC in my room and it can get up to the 90s during the day.
(Deviation: Yes, I know he needs friends. All his friends jumped from a smaller tank they were in so I threw the survivor in my main tank in desperation to keep him alive.)
Had him for maybe a year or more now. Real snail killer, always has a new snailshell graveyard depending on where he's moved, and he's bigger than any other kuhli I've ever seen, and I got him at only 1". I would say high temps are just fine.
A kuhli can only live in 90F waters temporaraily, if kept permanantly, it's lifespan will shorten

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads