55 Gallon Tank Kuhli Loach Tank Mates

Gameynerd23
Hello, I'm setting up a 55 gallon tank with both black and banded kuhli loaches. I want to keep the black and yellow theme throughout the tank. I'm curious what black and yellow fish could fill up the upper area of the tank that the kuhlis don't occupy.

Thank you for the help!

Gameynerd23
grac3 said:
The Honey Gouramis won't be too aggressive with each other?
I was kind of thinking about clown killifish, but I don't know if they'd be compatible. If they are, how many clown killis can I keep in the 55g.

grac3
as long as you dont get two males. i would do a pair, one male one female and they are quite fun to watch too

Gameynerd23
grac3 said:
as long as you dont get two males. i would do a pair, one male one female and they are quite fun to watch too
OK, thank you!

Gameynerd23
GlennO said:
Will they be too fin nippy? I've never had them, but heard they can be kind of jerks. Would Gold Barbs with some other black and yellow community fish work?

Passionfish
Gameynerd23 said:
Will they be too fin nippy? I've never had them, but heard they can be kind of jerks. Would Gold Barbs with some other black and yellow community fish work?
Yea Tiger barbs are nasty buggers. Gold barbs could work! Maybe try some clown killifish. Warning: they are expensive.

Gameynerd23
Passionfish said:
Yea Tiger barbs are nasty buggers. Gold barbs could work! Maybe try some clown killifish. Warning: they are expensive.
Awesome! I really like clown killifish! Will Killis be fine with pretty much all peace community fish?

GlennO
Gameynerd23 said:
Gold Barbs should be ok. I've not kept Tiger Barbs either but I believe they are mainly nippy if kept in too small a school. Otherwise should not be much risk as long as not kept with long finned fish that might tempt them.

Passionfish
Gameynerd23 said:
Awesome! I really like clown killifish! Will Killis be fine with pretty much all peace community fish?
Yea! Also try black and albino emperor tetras! Black and Albino emperor tetras are soooo cool! But not both.

wateriswet
Panda garras! They even have a kind of similar black and yellow stripping. They're not shy at all, constant motion machines, and have worked as a dither for my kuhlis. Just be sure to keep your water level an inch or more from the top as they are skilled jumpers.

Top Bottom