Kuhli Loach Q's

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yay, my lfs got a shipment of Kuhlis so I can get some as soon as the filter for the q tank is seeded. This is off subject, but i have the filter running in my (cycled) 20 gal, and I'm wondering if a week is long enough for it to get seeded or if I should leave it in for 2 weeks.

Well, even better is that my lfs has both regular and black Kuhlis! I want to get both but only have room in my tank for 3 (counting all the other fishies I want to get), so that means I will have 1 or 2 of each kind and I'm wondering if this counts as keeping them in a group. Will the different kinds swim together and stuff (since I think they are actually different species)?

Also, how much will they eat? And do I need to spread out the food to prevent them from hogging it from my Cories and Otos?--I noticed at the store they are pretty active and my Pygmy Cories especially are really shy in comparison.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for moving this post for me Rose!! You're always such a help

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have both kinds of kuhlis together and they really don't hang around together much. although they do eat together. You really need atleast three of each.
Carol

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok thanks. I think I may get 3 Black Kuhlis then. I'll have to see what the lfs still has though.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's so hard to decide but it seems like my black Kuhlis are more active than the striped ones.
Carol

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah I noticed that at the lfs which is part of the reason I want them. I rarely see my cories or otos so I want something in there I can watch (along with the betta).
Oh also I've read they're a little bit smaller maybe ??

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom