Kuhli Loach Or Albino Cory?

Bryangar
Which one should I get?

aussieJJDude
Which one should I get?
Other tank inhabitants?

Kuhlis are a little more nocturnal, and its common not to see them out and about during the day, so if you don't have any other bottom dwellers or you're keeping fish that's slightly more crepuscular and nocturnal in nature, I would suggest the cories. However, if your keeping placid/peaceful fish that don't appreciate rowdy tank mates or you're looking for something a little different, get the kuhlies.

Bryangar
Other tank inhabitants?

Kuhlis are a little more nocturnal, and its common not to see them out and about during the day, so if you don't have any other bottom dwellers or you're keeping fish that's slightly more crepuscular and nocturnal in nature, I would suggest the cories. However, if your keeping placid/peaceful fish that don't appreciate rowdy tank mates or you're looking for something a little different, get the kuhlies.
1 pearl gourami
12 cherry barbs
1 clown pleco
and either 6 cories or kuhlI loaches
(46 gallon bowfront)

DoubleDutch
As long as they're Corys you're going the right way.

DarkOne
Why not get both?

Bryangar
Why not get both?
Maybe in the future, but for now, I have already spent too much money on my tanks, including fish

Gypsy13
You do know you’ll never be done spending money on them right? I’m saying corys. Loaches in six months.

Bryangar
You do know you’ll never be done spending money on them right? I’m saying corys. Loaches in six months.
I know! lol! I like cories, but since i’m ordering off TrinsFish and they only have Albinos that are compatible with my stock :/

DoubleDutch
Btw 6 corys in a 46 G ?????
Like a drop of water in the Sahara desert !

Bryangar
Btw 6 corys in a 46 G ?????
Like a drop of water in the Sahara desert !
yeah haha, just to start with something I guess. Is that bad?

Gypsy13
I know! lol! I like cories, but since i’m ordering off TrinsFish and they only have Albinos that are compatible with my stock :/

Albinos are my faves. Probably because I’ve got three.

DoubleDutch
Noooo but the bigger the school the morr you'll appreciate the behaviour shown.
Think about combining bronze and albinos.
There seem.to be two Kuhlis in my 40G.
I hardly ever see them.
yeah haha, just to start with something I guess. Is that bad?

babiimoore
I have albino cory and black kuhlI loaches in my 55 and the albinos are a lot more active but I find the loaches more interesting to watch. depends what you’re going for, id do the loaches.

DoubleDutch
To be honest I like the Peppered albinos even more hahaha.
Albinos are my faves. Probably because I’ve got three.
First is an aeneus, second a paleatus
e287f84e5cefda750377de8a6409f3f0.jpg
6c16dfacfb8f784dce14cf4a535355ce.jpg

Bryangar
Noooo but the bigger the school the morr you'll appreciate the behaviour shown.
Think about combining bronze and albinos.
There seem.to be two Kuhlis in my 40G.
I hardly ever see them.
Yeah, I might do that, Thanks!

Bryangar
I have albino cory and black kuhlI loaches in my 55 and the albinos are a lot more active but I find the loaches more interesting to watch. depends what you’re going for, id do the loaches.
Do you have any pictures of your loaches? I kinda just want something that is fun to look at, lol. I also don’t want too much different colors since the cherry barbs have that covered.

aussieJJDude
I personally go with kuhlies. I love watching them more than my cories tbh.

smee82
Ive got both and khulis are better if you want to get more then 12. If you want less I would get cories

Discus-Tang
Kuhlies, you could get ~30 of them.

babiimoore
Do you have any pictures of your loaches? I kinda just want something that is fun to look at, lol. I also don’t want too much different colors since the cherry barbs have that covered.

yeah I have a couple pictures in my phone, if you want more let me know. they wiggle around like worms, theyre cute.
IMG_1379.JPG
IMG_1511.JPG

DarkOne

2018-07-27 14.42.11.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Natalya
Replies
Views
ap4lmtree
Replies