Kuhli Loach, Assassin Snail And Red Cherry Shrimp Dilemma

Discussion in 'Snails' started by ILLBETHEJUDGE, Apr 18, 2017.

1. ILLBETHEJUDGEValued MemberMember

Hello and thanks in advance.
    I have been adding plants to my aquarium and despite bathing them in clorox i somehow still managed to get snails(looks like ramshorn snails)
    to get rid of them i was thinking about adding kuhli loaches or assassin snails but i am afraid they would kill my red cherry shrimp.
    I don't overfeed my fish and i do frequent water changes.
    tank is a 120 gallon planted tank with no Co2.
    I have corydoras, betta, ottos tetras and mollies in the tank as well.
    Please help.

2. SallImSayin

SallImSayinValued MemberMember

I have a bunch of snails (MTS, ramshorn, Mystery, Pond) and ghost shrimp, the 8 kuhli loaches and 9 minnow don't mess with any of them (neither the fish nor snails). I have a huge ramshorn population (which I like), my kuhlis don't eat snails and even if they did, ramshorns grow so fast and to be so big even my huge goldfish can't eat them (despite trying, they spit them out the first few times, then stopped trying).

3. tyguy7760

tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

pangio loaches usually leave snails alone. Even the smallest snails they don't go after. As for cherry shrimp, lots of folks have kept kuhlis with them in the past and haven't had issues. Now I won't say that they won't snag the occasional baby cherry shrimp. But subadults/adults should be fine with them

To get rid of your snail issue, assassin snails would probably be your best bet

4. OP
    OP
    I

ILLBETHEJUDGEValued MemberMember

assassin snails it is then. just worried because i read somewhere they eat shrimp

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice