Krill for fry?

e_watson09

Well I'm thinking since krill is such a color enhancer and it seems very healthy I'm thinking about taking a piece of frozen and chopping it up very finely for my balloon molly fry. Do you think this is a good idea? Why or why not?

jetajockey

from what I've read, the pigments come from astaxanthin which is found in a few different types of fry foods also. If you already have the krill then I don't see how it could hurt, variety is always good, but if you haven't purchased anything in particular yet then there's several easier options to get a similar result.

This link gives a pretty good overview.

Take care!

e_watson09

I have tons of frozen food already including baby brine shrimp for the youngsters. But I was just trying to vary their diets.

jetajockey

a few different fry processed fry foods have krill or krill meal in them already so I don't see how it could hurt. I think having a variance in diet is the most important thing.

e_watson09

okay I just wanted to check, I have been feeding them crushed up flakes and baby brine shrimp so I figured changing it up a bit would be in order.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom