Kribs With Rosy Barbs...

Morosith

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can't really see how it would go wrong with Donovan's concerns taken into account. Rosies are tough as nails and move really well so unless you have the most aggressive krib of all time I think they'll do great.

MistaJones

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm gonna let these rosies grow out a bit before I decide. Right now I have 9 so I may need to rehome a couple if I go that route. Say 6 rosies and a pair of kribs. It's a 40 gallon long (4ft). I MAY decide to do a species tank.

Last edited:

MistaJones

Reaction score
Rosies are tough as nails and move really well
I've been racking my brain trying to figure out a cichlid/center piece that could go with these guys. Something with a level of aggression like a convict or above would surely kill them but watching the way they act I'm sure they'd make life really miserable for something more peaceful like an angel, a firemouth or even a parrot.

Donovan Jones

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Honestly, Rosy Barb's are big enough to be centerpiece fish when full grown. Personally, I'd add 5 Rosie's, 10 small schoolers, and 6 to 8 bottom dwellers

MistaJones

Reaction score
Honestly, Rosy Barb's are big enough to be centerpiece fish
I'm impressed with how quickly they made themselves at home. The second I put them in the tank they were grazing all over the place. The next day they were spawning.
That tank's last inhabitants were a pair of biggish cons. The male was nearing 6 inches. They wouldn't accept ANY other tank mates and would torment plecos to the point of giving them ich and infecting the tank.
I have my rosy barbs with some snails but they're pretty slow at cleaning up the tank so I hope I can add a decent pleco/algae eater now.

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 61 65.6%

Top Bottom