Kribs with Gold Barbs?

NC_OBS

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know this is kinda a stocking question but I didn't get an answer in that section(it was towards the end of a long thread).

Anyways, I like the idea of a couple kribs, but I had some questions. One is would a pair of kribs do well in a 26g tank(24" long) with a small school(6) of gold barbs and a single clown pleco(4" final length)?

Question 2 is I'm not really interested in having fry swimming around or my barbs getting killed for trying to eat the fry. Would it be ok if I got 2 males, or 2 females, or just 1 male perhaps? Alternatively if the kribs don't have a suitable mating spot would they just not mate, or would be just be miserable and grouchy?

Thanks.
727.jpg

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could have one Krib of either gender but two of either will result in war

My mated pair of Kribs didn't do well with anything else in the tank and they are in a 30 gallon long.
Carol

critch

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a JuvI female in my community tank for about 3 weeks now, she seems really happy and does not bother the other fish, but we will see what happens as she grows..

NC_OBS

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya, I'm thinking I'm gonna get a single male and maybe a honey guorami, so there'll be one top fish, one bottom fish. I would like a pair, but I think the spawning would be a problem. anybody know of a way to keep them from spawning? like no caves for frisky?

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads