Kribs in a 20 gallon with Platies

MommyGourami

Hi everyone!

I've been very attracted to Pelvicachromis taeniatus (any color morph, but especially eyeing Moliwe), and I'm thinking about adding one or a pair to my 20 gallon long. Right now there's a few platy in the tank and a looooooot of platy fry; I was thinking the kribs could perform some fry control.. even while I know their breeding practices at the same time, lol. The tank is planted, I have little huts and caves and driftwood in there.

I'm tempted to add a pair to see the cichlid breeding behavior but wondering if I'm better off getting a singleton. I'm aiming for fry control without murdering the adult platies. Any thoughts, cautionary tales, what to expects?

Noroomforshoe

I had kribs in a 30-inch long tank like yours, mine was a 29-gallon. They did ok until one had an eye injury and eventually lost an eye, I assume they squabbled. My point is if you don't want fry, or dont have room for fry, don't get 2, you do not need the breeding aggression messing everything up. I think you can keep a single krib in your tank.

MommyGourami

That's what I suspected. Thank you! I'll add just one.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
bolivianbaby
Replies
Views
AnxieAquatics
Replies
Views