Kribs Flirting - So excited!!

Allie

Last night we move my kribs from the 10 gallon to the 20g...they immediately started the flirting thing. I just got the male 9 days ago...they weren't happy in the 10 gallon at all.
As soon as Ty put them in the 20g...she turned red & purple. He was doing the little dance at her. ;D So cute. So hopefully not before long we'll have baby kribs swimming around. I guess all they needed was a change of scenery.

armadillo
How do you do this? This is so great!

Tom
Last night we move my kribs from the 10 gallon to the 20g...they immediately started the flirting thing. I just got the male 9 days ago...they weren't happy in the 10 gallon at all.
As soon as Ty put them in the 20g...she turned red & purple. He was doing the little dance at her. ;D So cute. So hopefully not before long we'll have baby kribs swimming around. I guess all they needed was a change of scenery.
Good for you to move the pair to the 20, they aren't meant for a 10 gallon.
Tom

Allie
Tom
Yeah I know I was just waiting to sell the last of my angels which were in that tank. They may even get a 30 gallon upgrade if we don't sell the sw tank anytime soon...most of the sw stuff is all sold.

How do you do this? This is so great!
I'm not sure...we haven't really had any trouble with fish breeding here. I guess we have "good" water or something.

Tom
Yeah I know I was just waiting to sell the last of my angels which were in that tank. They may even get a 30 gallon upgrade if we don't sell the sw tank anytime soon...most of the sw stuff is all sold.
We got them in the 30 gallon today...thank god we have a few tanks set up with used good water. Makes it easy to make a quick up grade...plus we have a Rubber made container, 86L with a filter etc...

Put them in the 120 gallon yesterday...boy are they happy fish.

armadillo
Talk of an upgrade. That's like Best Western to Hilton!

Allie
Look how happy they seem

armadillo
that yellow one is a smug looking so and so!

Allie
that yellow one is a smug looking so and so!
lol...that's the female Pixie and she is very personable...always in the camera. But very bossy with him.

They've been doing the mating dance the past 3 days. O0 I am so excited...I wanted them to pair off so much. They've been together ALL day today. The male's adult colors is starting to show.
Here's the female, Pixie.

Here's Kirby, the male

They don't seem to mind the Datnoids being around either...

neverendingninja
I'm sure you're looking ahead to this, and its just an excuse to get another tank later, but won't the datnoids get big enough to eat the kribs?

Also, are kribs ok with most dither fish, even if they're in a 20 gal tank? I think I may go for a pair of them next. Either that, or apistos.

Congratulations on the randy fish.

Allie
LOL thanks...the kribs are now back in their 30 gallon with some tetra. The Datnoids definitely could eat a krib once full grown...but right now, they were removed from the 120 gallon b/c they were scaring the Datnoids. silly fish
I think you can have a pair in a 20 gallon with a couple of dither fish...just see what is compatible with kribs & can fit with them in a 20g. I am think on getting some african tetra to go with my kribs eventually...maybe Congo tetra

Still not one krib egg...but I think since they are the main fish in the heavy planted 30g...we may have some babies by Halloween.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Treefork
Replies
Views
slipitysmooth
Replies
Views
Tanks and Plants
Replies
Views