Kribs acting oddly

Kribensis27

Hi, I’m new here, so I’m probably doing something incorrectly right now. I have a 55g community that’s been going for about 2 years now. Almost exactly a year ago, I added 4 tiny juvenile kribensis. I lost one the first day, but the others have done great and grown a crazy amount since then. Yesterday, however, I noticed that they weren’t their usual energetic selves. My breeding pair were both laying on the bottom, not even bothering to hide, and their colors were more dull than they usually are. I tried feeding to see if that would get them moving, but they ignored the food and let their tank mates have it. At this point I’m fairly concerned. Not once, not since they were they tiny gray babies that I got them as, have they ever refused food. NEVER. They’ve even eaten mid-water change while my brother decided to sprinkle food in the tank to see the syphon suck it up. They NEVER refuse food. What’s going on? I know I’m being paranoid, but I’ve never seen them like this. I’ll put the tank information below.

STOCKING
7 tiger barbs
1 angelfish (I know that angels and tigers aren’t recommended together, but they’ve been together two years and I’ve never seen a single issue. My tigers are very friendly.)
1 bristlenose pleco
2 platies
3 kribs
Some pest snails

TEMPS
During the summer, the tank stays at about 79-80*F (around 26-27*C) and around 77*F (25*C) in winter.

PARAMETERS
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrate: 1ppm
Ph: 7.0
Nitrite: 0ppm

FEEDING
I feed every other day rotating between frozen bloodworms, Hikari micro wafers, zucchini for the pleco (once a week), frozen brine shrimp, and Hikari freeze dried bloodworms. I also occasionally supplement with some spirulina flakes when I have them.

The tank has a few pieces of mopani and spider wood and some live plants (tiger lotus, guppy grass). I’m also planning to move in some cryptocoryne wendtii from another tank. I do a 25-30% water change every week. Sorry if I forgot any information. Thank you!
- Peter

Coradee

Bumping this up for you hopefully our Krib keepers will chime in today

Kribensis27

Coradee said:
Bumping this up for you hopefully our Krib keepers will chime in today
Thanks!

KribensisLover1

Any suggestions guys?!!

yukondog

Kribensis27

yukondog said:
At this point I would try doing a water change and try live food, mosquito larva, bloodworms.
I tried it, and they finally ate! Now they seem a little more colored up and slightly less lethargic, so they might be on their way to recovery.

KribensisLover1

Kribensis27 said:
I tried it, and they finally ate! Now they seem a little more colored up and slightly less lethargic, so they might be on their way to recovery.
Kribensis27 said:
Yes! I would personally skip a day and then live food again.

Top Bottom