kribensis questions?????????

tankman12

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I just got two kribensis for my 29 gallon tank. one male and one female. the male is smaller than the female and the female picks on him by picking at his fins and chases him when he is near to her. the tank has two caves, two peices of driftwood, and live plants so there is a lot of territorial areas. so what is up, will it get better or not?

raptorsvt79

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
possibly it can...but since the male is smaller..it might be a problem for a while....is there is big size difference?

Eienna

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
First thing, what are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings? Water quality issues can make fish grumpy.

OP
T

tankman12

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
it is not a big size difference maybe 1/4 of an inch or something around that. my ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, nitrate is around 30.

Eienna

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You can try removing the female temporarily to allow the male to claI'm some territory. You would take her out, rearrange the tank, wait about 2 week and then put her back in and see what happens.

pirahnah3

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I agree, I would issolate the female for a few hours and then put her back in the tank, I have kribs in a few tanks and usually the females are smaller than the males, you may have to keep her in a separate tank for a little bit to fatten the male up if the problem persists.

New Threads