kribensis pair tank mate

Discussion in 'Kribensis - Kribs' started by sls1199, Mar 18, 2010.

1. s

sls1199 New Member Member

i have a male and female kribensis and was just wondering wat would be a good tank mate that would not disrupt any chances of breeding

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning SLS1199 and Welcome to Fish Lore.

I'll let others that have experience with the same fish to answer your questions.

I hope you enjoy the site. Hang on I'm sure you'll get responses before too long. It's still early here in the states :)

Ken

3. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fishlore. :;hi2

I'm not sure it would be wise to have any other fish in a 20gal with the Kribs. Something like a Dwarf Gourami would probably be ok. What ever you were to choose it would need to be a fish that mostly stays in the upper levels as the Kribs will defend the bottom area of the tank quite vigorously when they breed.

4. Morgan111

Morgan111 Well Known Member Member

Dwarf Gourami or something of that sort that is going to stay small and in the upper portions of the tank as nutter said is about the only option

5. OP
    OP
    s

yer i thought something like that would be ok how about an angelfish

6. Nutter

20gal isn't really deep enough for Angels IMO though some people do have them in that size tank. I wouldn't be too keen on mixing any other cichlids with a breeding pair in there. I think an Angel with breeding Kribs will just get beaten up.

7. OP
    OP
    s

hey thanks 4 the replies
    the more feedback the better thanks

8. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

I would say a group of barbs, maybe tigers? I think they could easily hold their own against the kribs.

9. Nutter

I wouldn't go for Tiger Barbs. When the Kribs arn't breeding they would be too much for the Kribs to deal with. It would be very difficult for the Kribs to defend thier eggs against a school of barbs when they do breed. I don't think any schooling fish would be a good choice but if you did want to try it go with something more peacefull like Lemon Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras.

10. OP
    OP
    s

thanks for the replies
    i purchased 5 lemon tetras and they add a nice colour to my tank thanks alot

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice