Help Kribensis Just Had Babies!

DollyDolly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just looked over and saw my kribs had babies! There looks to be 20-30 of them. The parents are doing a good job of protecting so far but I really dont want them to get eaten. I have multiple tanks I can set up quick. If I take them out, would it stop the parents from breeding again? Please help

Edit: The Parents wont let any fish come to their half of the tank

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They will care for the young until they are old enough to fend for themselves, then they will drive them out of the territory (remove them quickly when this happens).

They will then start the process again.

OP
DollyDolly

DollyDolly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Redshark1 said:
They will care for the young until they are old enough to fend for themselves, then they will drive them out of the territory (remove them quickly when this happens).

Okay thank you

OP
DollyDolly

DollyDolly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Redshark1 said:

The parents do a great job at defending. But when I wake up and check on the babies 1/3 of them is gone each night it seems. I’m trying to feed my fish generously. They have a bunch of caves but not a ton of cover. What should I do?

yukondog

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What size tank and what other fish are in with them?
I would leave the parents and fry and put the other fish in the other tanks, if you want to raise them, if you keep a breeding pair together they breed like rabbits, I have a pair of albinos that as soon as I remove the fry after four weeks they have another batch.

OP
DollyDolly

DollyDolly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yukondog said:
What size tank and what other fish are in with them?
I would leave the parents and fry and put the other fish in the other tanks, if you want to raise them, if you keep a breeding pair together they breed like rabbits, I have a pair of albinos that as soon as I remove the fry after four weeks they have another batch.
I think imma set up a breeding tank in the future (days to weeks). its a 125 with 11 australiasn rainbowfish, 2 angels, gouramis etc. Cant move those fish. Ill just hope some survive and set up a breeding tank

yukondog

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I can see what you mean with a tank that large, I'm always amazed at how many can make it with a tank full of predators. You list some fish and say ect., what are the ect. fish? It may help to figure out what might be eating them at night.

OP
DollyDolly

DollyDolly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Update: 10 babies left. The numbers seem to change over night.

yukondog said:
I can see what you mean with a tank that large, I'm always amazed at how many can make it with a tank full of predators. You list some fish and say ect., what are the ect. fish? It may help to figure out what might be eating them at night.
I have assorted small tetras(20)a BNP, a butterfly loach, rainbow shark bamboo shrimp and cories

FishBoy101

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
DollyDolly said:
Update: 10 babies left. The numbers seem to change over night.

I have assorted small tetras(20)a BNP, a butterfly loach, rainbow shark bamboo shrimp and cories
TBH i think the rainbow shark

OP
DollyDolly

DollyDolly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Okay. Well my BNP spends 99% of his time at the driftwood at the other side of the tank. And the Hill stream loach gets immediately chased away. I’m setting up a rack soon with 20 gallons and I’ll love the parents and babies into some of those

New Threads