Kribensis Fry

1. Karly1990 Initiate Member

Just want to share an amazing experience I've seen today.

2 paired Kribensis had tiny little babies. I knew they was up to something and when I seen mum and dad with all these tiny babies following I couldn't believe it. Only been in the hobby for 5-6 months so it was a wow moment for me :)

Any advice on caring for the babies or will mum and dad do it all?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

They should do it all, though they may start eating the babies in a few weeks when they want to breed again.

Do you have a separate tank you can move them in to (in a few weeks/months) to raise them?

3. Karly1990 Initiate Member

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes we have a separate tank that we use for babies. Their current home is a big 250L though. What age can they leave mum and dad?

4. Skyy2112 Member Member

Probably a week. Like stated, they may start eating them when they want to breed again. If they eat w/o help pull them. Just realize, nature doesnt expect 100% of fry to make it, usually only 1-20 per batch. (Of like, 100)

5. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

They can sometimes be left with the parents for a few weeks. Just watch for signs of the parents wanting to breed and remove the fry.

Alternatively, you can take the fry whenever and raise them yourself. They parents don't have to raise them.

6. Karly1990 Initiate Member

So far so good. Very protective parents at the minute. I'll keep an eye on them. It's so cute to see.