Kribensis Cichlid And Angle Pair?

AntsRule

Reaction score
I really like the Kribensis Cichlid and I am still new to the hobby so they are a good fit. Could I keep 3-4 Kribensis Cichlids with one angle pair? Could I put some tiger barbs in? I am thinking about a semi-aggressive tank but I want to have a variety of fish. Any other semi-aggressive compatibility's welcome. thx

oOBlueOo

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Not sure about angle fish, but angelfish would be a target for the tiger barbs. Imo, the barbs wouldn't be good with the kribensis either. My krib was a chicken and always hid. I think the barbs would spook the krib.

That's just my opinion. Other people may have gotten it to work, but I honestly wouldn't try it.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AntsRule said:
I really like the Kribensis Cichlid and I am still new to the hobby so they are a good fit. Could I keep 3-4 Kribensis Cichlids with one angle pair? Could I put some tiger barbs in? I am thinking about a semi-aggressive tank but I want to have a variety of fish. Any other semi-aggressive compatibility's welcome. thx
The problem with keeping more than one krib is if they mate. They be come homicidal maniacs. I had a pair wipe out every fish in a 30 gallon over night. 6 were albino corys

oOBlueOo

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thunder_o_b said:
The problem with keeping more than one krib is if they mate. They be come homicidal maniacs. I had a pair wipe out every fish in a 30 gallon over night. 6 were albino corys
Wow that's terrible
I was always hoping that mine would stop hiding and do somethimg, but now maybe it was a good thing he didn't.

Greg F

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How big of a tank?

In a big enough tank a pair of angels and a krib or small group of same sex groups would work. A mated pair of kribs is a nightmare.Tiger barbs and single or same sex kribs would work. Angels and Tiger barbs are not good together.

OP
A

AntsRule

Reaction score
55 gallon, is there anything else that would work with kribs? What other cichlids would you recommend? I am not really set on tiger barbs. Are there any other cichlids I could get some breeding action with and also keep an angle pair in there? What's the most peaceful cichlid?

Greg F

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cichlids are tough because they really do have individual personalities. My Angels are really quite personable until they pair off to breed and then they are bears until they finish and I remove the eggs.

Most apistos are pretty agreeable. Bolivian rams are peaceful and hardier than the german variety but need cooler water than angels. I have had firemouths that were easy as pie and some that were the devil in disguise. Often times Kribs are just fine unless they start to pair off to breed and then its a safe bet everything else gets beaten down.

OP
A

AntsRule

Reaction score
Ok thx everyone, I think I am going to go with the German blues. I will find a local breeder or get them shipped.

New Threads