Kribensis being aggressive need help

rpeters28

My Kribensis has been very aggressive towards my neon dwarf Gourami recently and caused some damage to their fins, I rearranged the tank in order to reset territory but it seem the Krib goes out of his way to attack the Gourami. Any suggestions?

Linda1234

How large is the tank and how tall? Probably the best option is to remove one or other fish. When it comes to territory kribs are vicious.

rpeters28

It is 37 gallons abt 3 feet long and 2.5 tall

Linda1234

In all honestly it should have been large enough for both species. You could try removing the krib temporarily for a while and then put it back but I found the species unpredictable. My pair was a terror until they found a mate and settled on a small area their own. I have also found they will defend their territory quite viciously. I really can't offer much in the way of other solutions.

rpeters28

In all honestly it should have been large enough for both species. You could try removing the krib temporarily for a while and then put it back but I found the species unpredictable. My pair was a terror until they found a mate and settled on a small area their own. I have also found they will defend their territory quite viciously. I really can't offer much in the way of other solutions.
I was thinking about getting another tank and keeping him in that with another Krib or by himself would a 20g work?

Linda1234

By him self a 20 long would be plenty - a 20 high might work. I'd go with a 20 long and pick up a female. Watching them breed is quite a treat as they are most excellent parents.

Hellfishguy

Combining cichlids with gouramis isn’t a good idea. Both groups are territorial, and when they fight, the cichlids usually come out on top.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jmoneyisback
Replies
Views
Tetryon
  • Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies