Krib Tank Mates

Discussion in 'Kribensis - Kribs' started by knewland, Aug 6, 2015.

1. k

knewland New Member Member

I currently have a 55 gal. tank with breeding fancy tail guppies, snails, a zebra danio, a pleco, and 3 kribs (1 male 2 female, raised together and do not breed with both females). I have ample room for a few more fish but have no idea what else to put in. The Krib keep the guppy population down to one or two fry a month, so I want to stay away from anything else that will eat them. The pleco can be very aggressive so it rules out bottom dwellers. I do have live water sprite and fake plants for ample "vegetation" in the mid and top level. There is also plenty of coves for the Krib.

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Danios should be in groups of 6+ - you could add some danios and make the lone guy happier.

What kind of pleco?

You could add a school of tetras? There are multiple species to choose from!

3. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!
    Agreed with the above.
    What type of pleco?
    Danios, in groups less than 6, will be aggressive and nippy in my experience. Get at least 5 more pronto.

Gouramis would work. How about a pair of pearl gouramis?

4. OP
    OP
    k

knewland New Member Member

The Danio was not a true addition. It was one my nephew had gotten at Walmart injected with the glow dye. Surprisingly after three years it's still alive. The pleco I was told is a juvenile common, but I am beginning to think that is untrue, he has not grown in three years and is maybe an inch and a half at most. I will probably go with tetras, just in case my Krib's ever decide they want to breed.

5. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

If you mean it is a glofish danio, they are not injected with dye. They are genetically modified, and likely the offspring of GMO'd danios.
    Can you get a pic of the pleco?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice