Krib Only tank

Discussion in 'Kribensis - Kribs' started by critch, Apr 8, 2010.

1. critchValued MemberMember

Hi Guys N Ladys,

How you doin :;hi2

re edited

I currently have a 15gal tank with just plants in and a single Female Krib, i was thinking of doing something like this a few less of the rocks more of the sand showing..and the large rock would have a hollow as a cave around the back...

I would have Vallis growing up up the left hand side,

what do you guys reckon ???

The thinking is
    A pretty easy mantanance tank for the Kitchen,
    The reason

i currently have 2 Juvi female Kribs, about 1 inch in size in a 15gal..(i NOW know how to sex them)
    The slightly larger one was picking on the Smaller one, so much so, she was hiding in the top corner of the tank, so i moved the smaller one into my main tank she seems alot happier.

I was looking at keeping the slighlty larger female in the 15 gal alone,

Also Please post pics of your Krib only Tanks,

Attached Files:

• Krib Only tank
      0.jpg
      File size:
      19.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  2. funkman262

funkman262Well Known MemberMember

Hi critch, welcome to FishLore.

How many kribs do you plan on keeping in this 10g tank? Kribs could get very territorial, especially a breeding pair and 10g doesn't give the fish a lot of room to establish territorites.

3. OP
    OP
    c

critchValued MemberMember

it would be one Female in a 15gal alone, as i thought i had a male and female but i had two females so had to split them up

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  4. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

The 15g would be fine with the one female Krib. Mine like plants as well as rocks and caves.
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice