Krib for profit?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by stillmefromtheotherworld, Dec 26, 2012.

1. stillmefromtheotherworld

stillmefromtheotherworld Well Known Member Member

I am about to begin breeding kribensis cichlids and I have two questions:
    1. Can I make profit off of quality krib?
    and...
    2. I'm a bit confused about "making profit off of fish". I know it means selling my fish, but do I take it to a store to do this? I am not looking for a bunch of money or even any, I just need fish backup plans.
    Thank you for all your help.:)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

You aren't going to make any money selling fry. You'll need to grow them out to sell them - the bigger they are the more they will bring. Making money selling fish is quite a project. Do you have extra tanks to raise these fish?

3. OP
    OP
    stillmefromtheotherworld

stillmefromtheotherworld Well Known Member Member

Yes I do, and sorry, I meant once they were adults. I will have a grow out tank, as i am at the planning stage. I have one back up place for some of them (my friend, who yes is good with fish).

4. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

If you don't like any of the local stores around you, you can set up an AquaBid account and sell on there. This usually involves shipping, though, unless you can find a market of local pick-ups.

5. AquariaUK

AquariaUK Valued Member Member

If you want to make a buisness out of it you need to turn rooms into fish farms, but if you have a few fish you can still sell them for some money. Selling them to stores can get you credit or money - not all will accept livestock though. And you wil get probably less money than it took you to raise them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice