Krib breeding

Kanadian

Reaction score
now after looking up some more info about kribs i'm so tempted to head out to work right now and scoop the rest of our kribs!!! as the more i read about them the more i want them but i'd also love to start breeding them too... now what would be recommended for tank mates and in aquarium plants/decorative rocks....

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting some to put in with an angel pair. Normally I would not mix cichlids from other regions, but my reading has shown me that this combination is an exception to that rule. Just google their scientific name, and you should have all the info you need.

Juan and Sylvia

Reaction score
What do I feed newly hatched Kribs?

I read that powdered fish flakes is fine. Does that mean that I need to crush the flakes to small pieces or is that a separate food product? I think that there were originally about 50 in the fry and now there about 30. I hope they're not dying from hunger. Appreciate any help in this.

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I read that powdered fish flakes is fine. Does that mean that I need to crush the flakes to small pieces or is that a separate food product? I think that there were originally about 50 in the fry and now there about 30. I hope they're not dying from hunger. Appreciate any help in this.
They grow better and faster with fry powdered food.
Krib are fine with other fish until they breed. I had mine in with angels last year...as soon as they bred I had to take the angels out. They got aggressive, especially mom who tore dad caudal fin right off. He later died of an infection from that attack. They were in a 50g at the time.

peter

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just notice i got baby kribs but the male has all the other fish up one end of the tank will the baby's survive in a community tank with angels and rams,two silver sharks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom