Krib And Rubbernose Pleco

sheehanje

I went to the local aquarium store to mainly purchase fish for a 20 gallon that I once had Kribs in. I ended moving the kribs to a 44 gallon pentagon setup that was given to me. Unfortunately only 1 krib survived out of 3 (one died during an ammonia spike, the other got caught in a decoration).

I ended up getting some Zebra Danios for the 20 gallon, they suggested a chinese algae eater for it also, which I picked up but think I'm bringing back after reading up on it.

Anyways - I also picked up a rubbernose pleco - I really liked it and figured I'd try pairing it with the surviving Krib in the 44 gallon. So far so good, the Pleco is VERY active right now that its lights out. The krib normally hangs out in a cave structure I put in the tank - but it right now is out in the middle of the tank watching the pleco very intently. Should I have an issue with these two? Would it be better to move the RN to the 20 gallon with the Danios?

Also - as for the Chinese algae eater - I will have issues with that later on, correct? I heard they get fairly big and aggressive towards smaller fish.

I'm really new to this - but decided to take a shot at stocking these two tanks - especially seeing I had 1 krib between the two of them.

Here's my setup so far:

20 Gallon with a Fluval 206 - PH 8.0 ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0. 7 Danios, one Chinese algae eater

44 Gallon Pentagon with a fluval 306, PH 8.2 - 1 female Kribensis, 1 Rubbernose Pleco

I'm fairly sure both tanks are cycled - but I could be wrong. The 20 gallon has been setup 2 months, and at one point housed 4 kribensis.

Any suggestions, comments, criticisms are very welcome - thanks!

Demeter

The krib should be fine with the pleco, but if I recall rubber lipped plecos prefer cooler temps. And yes, I would return the chinese algae eater. I had one that chased my poor male paradise gourami around all the time, and then I moved him to a different tank. You could pretty easily add more fish to the 44 gallon, such as a tetra species or a gourami of some sort. You could really just put the zebras in the 44 and then add a few more to make a nice school of them. I would get a water test done at your local pet store first though, just to be sure that the tank is indeed cycled.

sheehanje

The krib should be fine with the pleco, but if I recall rubber lipped plecos prefer cooler temps. And yes, I would return the chinese algae eater. I had one that chased my poor male paradise gourami around all the time, and then I moved him to a different tank. You could pretty easily add more fish to the 44 gallon, such as a tetra species or a gourami of some sort. You could really just put the zebras in the 44 and then add a few more to make a nice school of them. I would get a water test done at your local pet store first though, just to be sure that the tank is indeed cycled.

I've been using an API Master Test kit. Readings have been good so far. Right now the temp on both the tanks is at 77F - is that too warm?

Demeter

I found the fish profile, and it says that 70-78 degrees is where they should be, so you're good.
Rubber Lipped Pleco

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
magic8
Replies
Views
Lance0414
Replies
Views
sheehanje
Replies