Koralia pumps too much circulation?

skyfish
I have a question about my koralia pumps . I have 2 k4's and k2's in my 75th tank but with the lights off the temp is about 80 degrees f. But when I turn on my lights the temps jump up to about 85-87 degrees f. My question is are the circulation pumps making my temp climb from too many pumps running because I have to turn on the lights. And do I have too much flow in my tank?

Advertisement
Annadvn
You run the same pumps as I do in my 75 gallon reef tank. Your flow is just fine!

What lights do you run? My guess is they would be causing the temperature rise problems. Some lights like power compacts, metal halides cause the water to get hotter than other lights.

Anna

Advertisement
skyfish
I have a oddesea 48 inch ho light fixture with 2 blue actinics and 2 12,000 k lights. I don't even heave my heaters hooked up because the temp gets too high I'm surprised the sally lightfoots are still alive.

Raamiah
That temp is too high. You might need to get a chiller or turn off the heater. With so many pumps and things running in the water it all heats it up so you either need no heater or you need a chiller to keep the water cool.
HTH and hopefully you will get more advice.

Annadvn
I would get a fan and set it to blow under the lights and above the water this will help keep the water cooler and take the heat away from the lights.

It might be a good idea to upgrade the fans that are on the light fixture, you can add some better flow of air to help keep the lights cooler by using some computer fans.

Anna

skyfish
Hey guys and gals I solved the problem I just had to raise the light fixture of the cover glass a fed inches. The mounting legs that came with it were useless so I have 2 heavy duty plastic cubes glued to the ed%e of my tank and set the fixture on it. Now the temp is a comfy 80 degrees.

pepetj
Hey guys and gals I solved the problem I just had to raise the light fixture of the cover glass a fed inches. The mounting legs that came with it were useless so I have 2 heavy duty plastic cubes glued to the ed%e of my tank and set the fixture on it. Now the temp is a comfy 80 degrees.

I would love to see a picture (or two) of how you solved this. Please!

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

Annadvn
Glad you were able to get the over heating issue sorted.

Anna

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
FishGirl38
Replies
Views
Brannor
  • Question
Replies
Views