Koralia Evolution Circulation Pump : Koralia 1050

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Has any one used the new shaftless Koralia power heads yet? I have a nice wave maker that I couldnt use with me current koralia power heads because of the RACKET they make when startling up and shutting down. I'm hoping the new design is a lot better.

6/14/10
here is the review I promised

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A shaftless propellar or power head?

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
the new koralia power heads are advertised as shaft less, and they look much nicer now I'm going to get 4 of them soon.

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
cool haven't seen them yet I do have 2 and 1 tunze which i like way better than the koralia's. I'll have to check them out!!!

ATP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are they the one that they're selling with the koralia controller?

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ATP said:
Are they the one that they're selling with the koralia controller?
nope these are just the new style of power head that you can use with any controler.

zeeter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The new ones are more powerful and more energy efficient than the old ones. I replaced a K2 with a K1050. The K1050 is comparable to the K3, actually producing more water movement. I'll be getting another one in the near future.

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
zeeter said:
The new ones are more powerful and more energy efficient than the old ones. I replaced a K2 with a K1050. The K1050 is comparable to the K3, actually producing more water movement. I'll be getting another one in the near future.
cool I was looking at 4 K1050's for our 125 ran on a wavemaker

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
what's the cost of them more or same?

zeeter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The new models seem to be a couple of dollars more than the older ones. Actually I think they dropped the price on the old ones to get rid of them. At least my LFS did.

One note - maybe it's my cruddy power strip, but when I turn the K1050 off during coral feeding it sometimes runs in reverse when I turn it back on again. I have to switch it on and off a few times before it will start pushing instead of sucking. Not a big deal, and I have a funny feeling that my power strip is the cause because it got wet a while back. Gave me quite the shock last week, in fact.

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I looked at them at my fav. LFS and they look nice. I checked on pet mountain and they are about the same price as the old ones and they are about 60% off of what I can get them for at my LFS. I'm ordering some this week.

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just ordered 4 of the 1050's I'll post a review of them in a thread on here when I get them and they are installed.

new_sw_gurl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just got 2 of the new Koralia powerheads on Saturday along with a Wavemaker. No noise at all. Just a little 'click' when they kick on/off. Granted...I never had the old ones as my tank is only a few months old...but if you're worried about racket...you'll get none. Hope that helps!!

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
my powerheads will be in on friday, and I will install them on fri or sat...... so I'll post a update then.

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
here is the review I promised

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads