Koi Pond Injury

InfernBlaze

SO yesterday there was a massive rain at night, and today in the morning I realized that one of my butterfly kois in my pond are dead and many of the fish was acting strange, normally I see a big school of koi and goldfish swim to me when I go near the tank but I notice that many of the fish aren't in the school, some of the bigger kois was just tilted in a 45 degrees angle towards the surface, some of my fish was just swimming at the surface, then I notice that one of my big koi was just at the surface hovering barely ok, and there looked like a injury on its head, ill try to get a picture later if I can , the big koi has been with me for years and I grew it out since it was a fry, so if anyone knows what could have caused this please tell me, I think it might have jumped against the floor of the bench on top of the pond,

kallililly1973

Wow sorry to hear that about your Koi. I don't have a pond but could there have been some hail mixed in with the heavy rain storms? and they didn't get deep enough in time? Have you tested your parameters ( most likely i'm sure ) Could the rain have possibly been acidic and caused a swing in yor parameters. Just putting ideas out there

Repolie

If a lot of the fish are acting strange then I would expect there is something wrong with the water. Could there have been surface runoff that brought pollutants into the pond?

InfernBlaze

possibly but there are some injuries on the fish
]

also I live in a tropical country and the rains are kinda hot and it might have been possibly acidic and the water dept is quite high but yeah I am kinda worried that some other animals got in there and disturbed the peace

Similar Aquarium Threads

• CalistaLL
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
CalistaLL
Replies
Views
Momgoose56
  • The Crayfish King
  • Ponds
Replies