Koi fish with white blotch on head

Memoryleak

I am a tank owner myself and have a beautiful 55 gal tank and my friend asked me to watch his tank while he's away. (His is a 250 gallon) I noticed a white patch on his head, I asked him about it and he said he was unsure and came with it. We just assumed it was changing colors possibly. My worries is that it's columnaris but there are 3 koi in the tank all over alittle month old. I tested the water and cross matched them with acceptable levels online for the fish and it was all good. The koi is also swimming just fine and comes up for feeding time and eats all of his food, he isn't showing any signs of distress or erratic behavor. I'm inexperienced with koi personally so any help will be beneficial. Thank you.

Attachments

• Snapchat-379864490.jpg
    Snapchat-379864490.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220130_191321.jpg
    20220130_191321.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 15

jtjgg

not sure what it is but does not look normal.

what were the exact water parameters?

Memoryleak

not sure what it is but does not look normal.

what were the exact water parameters?
I don't remember exactly, I'll have to test again once I get home. I looked at him today and saw the white is growing and seems to be getting furry so I assume it's a type of fungus
Should I use API pimaFix in the tank? I would use quarantine tank but we don't have one. I'm almost certain it's a type of fungal infection.

DoubleDutch

Does it flash ? Looks like a protozoan

OutsideFoodBlob

Boo. Having goldfish I end up searching through pond/koi info as well. They are prone to a number of things. Do you know if your friend treated this and other two fish for anything when they got them? A dewormer or parasite treatment? You mentioned that your friend has had them for a little over a month. I’m asking because gill/body flukes are from what I’ve read very common primary infection and then fungal/bacterial infections like columnaris are secondary.
Since it is your friend’s tank find out if possible what treatments they are ok with you doing to tank/fish. I’d suggest a dewormer and antibiotic to start, plus salt but again run that by your friend.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PeterFishKeepin
Replies
Views
ThiqFishAquarium98
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views