Koi Betta Breeding Journal - Page 7

Guanchy

just lost about 8 of them over the weekend.

I have taken out all the biggest males and have them separated into containers, they are doing great. but I left in the tank all the females and unsex smaller ones. I took out my two favorite females to take some photos of them for a friend that wanted to buy one. BIG MISTAKE, they were literally out of the tank for about 5 minutes took photos and put them back in the tank... well that didnt go well. I guess the other bettas felt like they were new ones or something and they all started going at all. lost about 6 and then yesterday found 2 more dead ones. Last night I had to separate ALL of them into containers even the females. I didnt want to take a chance and lose more.

This week has not been a good week in the fish room lol lost my entire shrimp colony and now a big part of the betta fry

Ohio Mark

Guanchy said:

I have taken out all the biggest males and have them separated into containers, they are doing great. but I left in the tank all the females and unsex smaller ones. I took out my two favorite females to take some photos of them for a friend that wanted to buy one. BIG MISTAKE, they were literally out of the tank for about 5 minutes took photos and put them back in the tank... well that didnt go well. I guess the other bettas felt like they were new ones or something and they all started going at all. lost about 6 and then yesterday found 2 more dead ones. Last night I had to separate ALL of them into containers even the females. I didnt want to take a chance and lose more.

This week has not been a good week in the fish room lol lost my entire shrimp colony and now a big part of the betta fry
Oh Victor.... feeling for you! Hang in there!

CandyCane701

Guanchy said:

So sorry that happened!

Guanchy

Thanks guys!

its all part of the learning process now I know what not to do next time I guess lol

CandyCane701

Guanchy said:
Thanks guys!

its all part of the learning process now I know what not to do next time I guess lol
Yup, exactly. Great way to look at it

Guanchy

CandyCane701 said:
Yup, exactly. Great way to look at it
yes! but in a more positive note, these guys will be ready to go to their forever homes sooner than I thought! I will be soon taking videos of each one of them and making a thread in the for sale part of the forum for you guys to pick out which ever you want!

Zai

Guanchy said:
yes! but in a most positive note, these guys will be ready to go to their forever homes sooner than I thought! I will be soon taking videos of each one of them and making a thread in the for sale part of the forum for you guys to pick out which ever you want!
Cant wait!

loneminx

Guanchy said:

This is really sad news. I hope you don't have anymore losses!

Guanchy

Look at this guy. I just moved him from a container into a planted 10 gallon nano tank and he got super excited swimming everywhere exploring the tank. This morning I woke up to the tiniest bubble nest lol

4908DA39-BBFA-4FB6-A0F7-537B97DE6ED8.jpeg

7F1076FD-7227-4CDF-B5EB-EEF5BECD15FB.jpeg

ECF320D6-3D0B-4185-B53B-668C8360A9CD.jpeg

Zai

Guanchy said:
Look at this guy. I just moved him from a container into a planted 10 gallon nano tank and he got super excited swimming everywhere exploring the tank. This morning I woke up to the tiniest bubble nest lol

4908DA39-BBFA-4FB6-A0F7-537B97DE6ED8.jpeg

7F1076FD-7227-4CDF-B5EB-EEF5BECD15FB.jpeg

ECF320D6-3D0B-4185-B53B-668C8360A9CD.jpeg
That's precious!

Guanchy

loneminx said:
This is really sad news. I hope you don't have anymore losses!
I have separated all of them so I should be good!

Guanchy

So after weeks of trying to convince myself that I can set up 30 extra tanks and keep them all. I decided to keep this one!!! He reminds me so much of Tiger (dad) pattern and personality. He is now living happily in my 10 gallon nano planted tank. As you can see he is slowly turning yellow just like dad.

C2D75244-EE53-4A5A-AE6B-9D28398470EA.jpeg

5E8DD0F2-6CB4-4233-9E30-39D93706F7F8.jpeg

And just FYI, I believe they are ready to go to their forever homes. This week I will be taken new photos and videos of all of the available ones to make a thread on the Sale section of the forum. I’ll post a link here once I do.

JaksAquatics

Guanchy said:
So after weeks of trying to convince myself that I can set up 30 extra tanks and keep them all. I decided to keep this one!!! He reminds me so much of Tiger (dad) pattern and personality. He is now living happily in my 10 gallon nano planted tank. As you can see he is slowly turning yellow just like dad.

And just FYI, I believe they are ready to go to their forever homes. This week I will be taken new photos and videos of all of the available ones to make a thread on the Sale section of the forum. I’ll post a link here once I do.
I want that one lol

Guanchy

Cheesecake

blue velvet keeper said:
I want that one lol
Guanchy said:
no way Jose! lol
Yeah, I claimed it already. Get in line .
Those Betta's are UNREAL! I wish I had room for one!

JaksAquatics

Canaculus said:
Yeah, I claimed it already. Get in line .
Those Betta's are UNREAL! I wish I had room for one!
dang it

WinterSoldier.

Dang man. I really want one. I feel like getting another tank

Guanchy

I'm sure you can find a nice small tank to keep one of my kids bro! lol

WinterSoldier. said:
Dang man. I really want one. I feel like getting another tank

WinterSoldier.

Guanchy said:
I'm sure you can find a nice small tank to keep one of my kids bro! lol
Its not that, its having the SPACE in my home. Yeish. I'll try

Guanchy

WinterSoldier. said:
Its not that, its having the SPACE in my home. Yeish. I'll try
a small 5 gallon won't take too much space.... lol come on

WinterSoldier.

Guanchy said:
a small 5 gallon won't take too much space.... lol come on
You have to factor in the fact that I have 4 tanks. 1 in the bathroom, 2 in my bedroom (literally have no place to put it) and one in my living room. I am at maxed capacity. I really might try though

Guanchy

WinterSoldier. said:
You have to factor in the fact that I have 4 tanks. 1 in the bathroom, 2 in my bedroom (literally have no place to put it) and one in my living room. I am at maxed capacity. I really might try though
you are missing one in the kitchen! BOOM lol jk

upinak

I love this thread.

While we may not agree on everything, I do enjoy the babies and watching this as they have grown. Good job!

JLeeM

Guanchy said:

He's beautiful!!! Can't wait to see what else you have, even if I can't get one. Lol.

Zai

Can't wait to see everyone else! Definitely getting one for my 5 gallon!

Guanchy

I wish I could capture in camera how beautiful this metallic boy is. He looks purple when the light hits! And he is HUGE! They are all 5 months today and he is already as big if not bigger than dad.

Btw he was blowing a bubble when I took the photo. So funny

F0F28E84-C70E-49AC-901F-304DABA5841C.jpeg

Guanchy

upinak said:
I love this thread.

While we may not agree on everything, I do enjoy the babies and watching this as they have grown. Good job!
Its my first time breeding and I'm learning as I go, so if you have any input that could be helpful its always welcome.

KOIiiii

Guanchy said:
I wish I could capture in camera how beautiful this metallic boy is. He looks purple when the light hits! And he is HUGE! They are all 5 months today and he is already as big if not bigger than dad.

Btw he was blowing a bubble when I took the photo. So funny

F0F28E84-C70E-49AC-901F-304DABA5841C.jpeg
Wow! My frys ended up looking like this This is beautiful!

Guanchy

t
KOIiiii said:
Wow! My frys ended up looking like this This is beautiful!
thank you!

WinterSoldier.

Guanchy said:
you are missing one in the kitchen! BOOM lol jk
You are on to something....my kitchen is so small I can't make multiple things at once. So unless I put the fish next to the coffee machine I don't think I'll be able to squeeze it. Maybe if I land a new job

Guanchy

WinterSoldier. said:
You are on to something....my kitchen is so small I can't make multiple things at once. So unless I put the fish next to the coffee machine I don't think I'll be able to squeeze it. Maybe if I land a new job
hahaha trying to get you to get one of the babies!

AbraCadaver

Jealous!!! Can’t find a koI female anywhere. And I’m personally not gunna spend 50 plus on one to be shipped.
So I’m breeding mine with a HM female that’s the same color, and I’m hoping to get some cool results. These are Gorgeous!
Do you sell n ship? Lol.

Zai

so excited to hopefully get one of these guys! I'm hoping my tank is fully cycled by time theyre ready for sale, because I feel like its taking forever XD

Guanchy

Its been a while since I updated this thread. New job and have been extremely busy but here is a quick update on some of the boys:

The B-# on the photo is for me to identify them in the cups.

One of my females is turning into a yellow koI pattern just like Tiger. And if you look at (B-3) he is also turning into a yellow koi. So that might be my next breeding pair.

F091E3B5-CB41-41E3-89B3-7A8E33264364.jpeg

7640C1E7-E605-41CA-ADF9-E9FDE0AD4841.jpeg

6F2CD7C7-C124-4582-86E7-5E5E0D386D6C.jpeg

AFA88FC6-934B-4DB4-8C61-726DB3D7C3DB.jpeg

0F22CFB1-BD2F-4CD6-9BC2-DD93CBA2A734.jpeg

b-2 and 5 - are identical!

DioAquatics

They look awesome! If you have any more yellow koi’s, I’d be interested in a male

CameronsBettas

B1, B3 and B4 arebeautiful!

Thedudeiam94

B-3

Guanchy

KingD said:
They look awesome! If you have any more yellow koi’s, I’d be interested in a male
I have a couple of more that are not fully colored up yet. Ill check

Guanchy

KoiBettas said:
B1, B3 and B4 arebeautiful!
Guanchy said:
I have a couple of more that are not fully colored up yet. Ill check
B-3 is my favorite!!

Ohio Mark

Gorgeous fish!!!

Top Bottom