Koi Betta Breeding Journal

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
just lost about 8 of them over the weekend.

i have taken out all the biggest males and have them separated into containers, they are doing great. but i left in the tank all the females and unsex smaller ones. i took out my two favorite females to take some photos of them for a friend that wanted to buy one. BIG MISTAKE, they were literally out of the tank for about 5 minutes took photos and put them back in the tank... well that didnt go well. I guess the other bettas felt like they were new ones or something and they all started going at all. lost about 6 and then yesterday found 2 more dead ones. Last night i had to separate ALL of them into containers even the females. I didnt want to take a chance and lose more.

This week has not been a good week in the fish room lol lost my entire shrimp colony and now a big part of the betta fry

Ohio Mark

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Guanchy said:

i have taken out all the biggest males and have them separated into containers, they are doing great. but i left in the tank all the females and unsex smaller ones. i took out my two favorite females to take some photos of them for a friend that wanted to buy one. BIG MISTAKE, they were literally out of the tank for about 5 minutes took photos and put them back in the tank... well that didnt go well. I guess the other bettas felt like they were new ones or something and they all started going at all. lost about 6 and then yesterday found 2 more dead ones. Last night i had to separate ALL of them into containers even the females. I didnt want to take a chance and lose more.

This week has not been a good week in the fish room lol lost my entire shrimp colony and now a big part of the betta fry
Oh Victor.... feeling for you! Hang in there!

CandyCane701

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Guanchy said:

So sorry that happened!

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks guys!

its all part of the learning process now i know what not to do next time i guess lol

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
CandyCane701 said:
Yup, exactly. Great way to look at it
yes! but in a more positive note, these guys will be ready to go to their forever homes sooner than i thought! i will be soon taking videos of each one of them and making a thread in the for sale part of the forum for you guys to pick out which ever you want!

Zai

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Guanchy said:
yes! but in a most positive note, these guys will be ready to go to their forever homes sooner than i thought! i will be soon taking videos of each one of them and making a thread in the for sale part of the forum for you guys to pick out which ever you want!
Cant wait!

loneminx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Guanchy said:

This is really sad news. I hope you don't have anymore losses!

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Look at this guy. I just moved him from a container into a planted 10 gallon nano tank and he got super excited swimming everywhere exploring the tank. This morning i woke up to the tiniest bubble nest lol

4908DA39-BBFA-4FB6-A0F7-537B97DE6ED8.jpeg
7F1076FD-7227-4CDF-B5EB-EEF5BECD15FB.jpeg
ECF320D6-3D0B-4185-B53B-668C8360A9CD.jpeg

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
loneminx said:
This is really sad news. I hope you don't have anymore losses!
i have separated all of them so i should be good!

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So after weeks of trying to convince myself that i can set up 30 extra tanks and keep them all. I decided to keep this one!!! He reminds me so much of Tiger (dad) pattern and personality. He is now living happily in my 10 gallon nano planted tank. As you can see he is slowly turning yellow just like dad.

C2D75244-EE53-4A5A-AE6B-9D28398470EA.jpeg
5E8DD0F2-6CB4-4233-9E30-39D93706F7F8.jpeg

And just FYI, I believe they are ready to go to their forever homes. This week i will be taken new photos and videos of all of the available ones to make a thread on the Sale section of the forum. I’ll post a link here once i do.

blue velvet keeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Guanchy said:
So after weeks of trying to convince myself that i can set up 30 extra tanks and keep them all. I decided to keep this one!!! He reminds me so much of Tiger (dad) pattern and personality. He is now living happily in my 10 gallon nano planted tank. As you can see he is slowly turning yellow just like dad.

View attachment 552552View attachment 552553

And just FYI, I believe they are ready to go to their forever homes. This week i will be taken new photos and videos of all of the available ones to make a thread on the Sale section of the forum. I’ll post a link here once i do.
i want that one lol

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Im sure you can find a nice small tank to keep one of my kids bro! lol

WinterSoldier. said:
Dang man. I really want one. I feel like getting another tank

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score