Koi Angels

1. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

I got them a few days ago and I can say they are pretty settled in, they even follow me when I come in. The most responsive one is a black "capped" (i think it is male) one that is a veil tail. I have seen no one picking on anyone and the swords have some out more now that there are other fish in the tank.
    [​IMG] tank shot
    [​IMG] one of the veils
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's about all the good pictures I could get, they move like someone lit a fire under them most of the time, unless there is food or I am playing with them. Then they pause to see what it is lol. I think I have a favorite already, a smaller standard fin that I think is female.

2. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats on the new koi angelfish. They are my favorite because they all look different . Do you plan to breed them? I have one Koi angelfish named Sparky. I love how interactive they are with their owner. Alison:;hi2

3. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

I don't plan on it, but if I have one or pairs from the bunch I will likely keep the pair I like best and sell the others. They are really unique each of them. The two that died were a dark marble koi and a bright orange koi, wish I could have had those two alive...

4. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Sorry you lost them. They are unique. Alison:;hi2

5. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

They are beautiful. I hope they all recover from shipping for you.

keep us posted on their progress. :)

6. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

Everyone else seems to be doing fine, everybody acts so hungry even if I have already fed them (and they are not skinny). They like chasing the leaves that the filter spins around lol.

7. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

That is excellent they all are eating. But you are not out of the woods yet. Keep an eye on them. :)

8. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

Of course, I will do my best by them.

9. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Hey, how are they doing?

10. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

They are doing well, i have seen some growth and the only thing that they seem to want to bother is the mystery snail in there, so I will be moving her out to another tank so she doesn't get picked on. They absolutely eat everything they can so I am having to get creative to make sure everyone gets food (they won't eat squash but the bn that is in there enjoys it and zucchini). They are a handful, and the one with the black "cap" I have named hatter, though the most orange standard fun is the most responsive.

11. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Glad to hear they are doing great!! :)