Koi Angels

1. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

I got them a few days ago and I can say they are pretty settled in, they even follow me when I come in. The most responsive one is a black "capped" (i think it is male) one that is a veil tail. I have seen no one picking on anyone and the swords have some out more now that there are other fish in the tank.
    [​IMG] tank shot
    [​IMG] one of the veils
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's about all the good pictures I could get, they move like someone lit a fire under them most of the time, unless there is food or I am playing with them. Then they pause to see what it is lol. I think I have a favorite already, a smaller standard fin that I think is female.

2. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats on the new koi angelfish. They are my favorite because they all look different . Do you plan to breed them? I have one Koi angelfish named Sparky. I love how interactive they are with their owner. Alison:;hi2

3. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

I don't plan on it, but if I have one or pairs from the bunch I will likely keep the pair I like best and sell the others. They are really unique each of them. The two that died were a dark marble koi and a bright orange koi, wish I could have had those two alive...

4. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Sorry you lost them. They are unique. Alison:;hi2

5. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

They are beautiful. I hope they all recover from shipping for you.

keep us posted on their progress. :)

6. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

Everyone else seems to be doing fine, everybody acts so hungry even if I have already fed them (and they are not skinny). They like chasing the leaves that the filter spins around lol.

7. A

That is excellent they all are eating. But you are not out of the woods yet. Keep an eye on them. :)

8. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

Of course, I will do my best by them.

9. A

Hey, how are they doing?

10. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

They are doing well, i have seen some growth and the only thing that they seem to want to bother is the mystery snail in there, so I will be moving her out to another tank so she doesn't get picked on. They absolutely eat everything they can so I am having to get creative to make sure everyone gets food (they won't eat squash but the bn that is in there enjoys it and zucchini). They are a handful, and the one with the black "cap" I have named hatter, though the most orange standard fun is the most responsive.

11. A

Glad to hear they are doing great!! :)