Koi angel

Tdahl09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Love this guy! His body is the size of a silver dollar. I am contemplating getting another one, not koi though, any thoughts or suggestions? 40gl planted

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
can you post a picture of him? Congrats on the new one. Alison

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gorgeous angel fish. The koi are my favorite. And BN plecos are my first favorite fish. You do have one problem with your stocking in that the angel needs 78 to80 degrees temp and the White cloud minnows are a cool water fish. Alison

Tdahl09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have had this debate many times, there is a lot of info on WCMM and on Angels, their temp ranges cross around 78 so that's what my tank is at

fredfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
if you do add another angel I am curios to how it works out, I had problems trying to add non juvenile angels together ( currently have one ) but may try it again one day.

Maxi1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was told my best chance was to get baby Angels, about size of a quarter, together and add them at the same time.

I would want a promise from wherever you would get another one that they would take it back if it didn't go well.

Good luck.

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tolak had posted about adding another angel and said to take out the current one and put him in a bucket for a couple or more hours, rearrange the décor and plants, add the new angel and leave him to get comfy then put the first one back in and then they will have to pick out new territories which made sense and also assuming that they are both the same size. It might be worth a try. Alison

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I say cross that bridge if it becomes an issue. You might add a 2nd angel with no problems. It is nice to be prepared for the possibility of problems....but don't assume you will have a problem. I would not do what aliray suggested unless it DOES turn out to be a problem. No reason to stress out the current angel "just incase" they might end up having problems. But it is great advice if there does end up being territory issues!!! Be ready for that possibility! Aliray's suggestion will be useful if you end up in that situation!

I suggest if you want another angel, do it sooner than later. And also, try and get one about the same size. And it never hurts to maybe rearrange the tank just a little bit before-hand. :) But nothing extreme unless you run into problems!

I say got for it! Get another angel and see how it goes!

My personal favorites are the platinum angles, the ones with the blue genes and my ultimate favorite feature is pearlscale (which any angel species can have). I also love the long finned angels (again any species of angel can have this). The super veil tails get a bit too long and raggedy, but the regular veil tails are stunning in my opinion. But they are even more at risk with fin nipping tank mates for obvious reasons!

Tdahl09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I say cross that bridge if it becomes an issue. You might add a 2nd angel with no problems. It is nice to be prepared for the possibility of problems....but don't assume you will have a problem. I would not do what aliray suggested unless it DOES turn out to be a problem. No reason to stress out the current angel "just incase" they might end up having problems. But it is great advice if there does end up being territory issues!!! Be ready for that possibility! Aliray's suggestion will be useful if you end up in that situation!

I suggest if you want another angel, do it sooner than later. And also, try and get one about the same size. And it never hurts to maybe rearrange the tank just a little bit before-hand. :) But nothing extreme unless you run into problems!

I say got for it! Get another angel and see how it goes!

My personal favorites are the platinum angles, the ones with the blue genes and my ultimate favorite feature is pearlscale (which any angel species can have). I also love the long finned angels (again any species of angel can have this). The super veil tails get a bit too long and raggedy, but the regular veil tails are stunning in my opinion. But they are even more at risk with fin nipping tank mates for obvious reasons!
Thanks!! I love the blue Angels but getting one is really tough and expensive! I would have to order it online and not knowing if I could keep them both with no problems idk if I could do it

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks!! I love the blue Angels but getting one is really tough and expensive! I would have to order it online and not knowing if I could keep them both with no problems idk if I could do it
Ya, that would definitely be a gamble....If I didn't have so many tanks I would NOT have ordered online and taken that gamble.

In the 4 years that I have been keeping fish and going to fish stores on a regular basis and keeping up on their stocking updates (I have 3 really good fish stores around me)....I have only found a blue angel once. I have only seen the platinums twice and I have only seen pearlscale twice. And that is in 4 years of stalking these fish stores!! lol

Petsmart and petco...the chains, only have the silver or the marble. They have had veil tails quite a bit too. But that's it. Finding more unique angels is not very easy!

Tdahl09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The koi is from Petco but I am friends with the girl who works there so she updates me when she gets cool stuff or new vendors

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom