knight in shining armour....given barbs but im cycling??!

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
well my tank was cycling nicely along fishless. looking lovely. but since then i have had to be the knight in shining armour i have taken in four (what i believe to be gold or rosy) barbs. while some dear friends of mine move house and go on holiday. i have given them spectrum pellets those little 1mm brown ones. i think they might be too big to fit in thier mouths they kinda suck them in and spit them out. i have to crush them to a almost powder. is this a problem????
pH 7.6 ammonia .25 nitrItes ZERO!!! nitrAtes 5-10
so now i have these fish the food has started to stain my blue gravel. i put 8 of these 1mm square pellets in twice a day so 16 in total. will a vaccuum sort this out??? just the food they dont eat sits on the gravel and goes a funny colour. there are only 4 little fish just over an inch each

in a nut shell

do i start to do regular water changes now?
do i also start vaccuuming portions of my tank?
should i try fish flakes? and feed a little less often
they are having a blast in a massive tank all to themselves. and as to be expected i getting quite attatched

thanks as always for your help fishloreans
Dazzler

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
yep a gravel vac should take care of the left ovrs. They might eat flakes better. When you have food laying on the bottom it can pollute your tank.
Carol

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks butterfly. i will do a vac shortly and also get some flakes. i guess it is just a process of elimanation. this will be my first gravel vac ever so it will be quite fun

thanks again
dazzler

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If your vacuuming into a bucket.... watch that bucket or you will be initiated in the the bucket brigade hall of fame when it runs over LOL I think we've all done that good Luck
Carol

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
hehe i think im already in the "spill alot of water during water change" hall of fame.

well here goes nothing i have the towels ready, you never know how carried away i might get

regards Dazzler

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom