Kleins Butterflyfish And Coc

Jesterrace

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Definitely skip the 6 line or 8 line wrasses. Once they mature they generally turn very nasty and can go on fish killing sprees. I think you forget that I recommended either doing a Butterflyfish or a Tang. The clean up crew will be a gamble with the Klein's (it could leave them alone or it could find them to be a tasty snack) but the Tang will be a bit more prone to aggression (although Kole Tangs are generally pretty decent as far as Tangs go). These are the wrasses I would recommend if you want Reef Safe Wrasses that won't mess with your clean up crew:

Even though it's Semi-Aggressive, I would definitely look at one of these as well as it's generally pretty well behaved:

The following are gamble with your clean up crew:

This Yellow Wrasse and the Red Lined are probably the two best behaved as far as being invert munchers from that last link.

OP
CHAMELEON_BREEZE

CHAMELEON_BREEZE

Reaction score
I did read that the Kole Tangs are more on the peaceful side to tangs then most tangs, which is why I'm thinking they will do okay with a butterfly. Also, the ones I saw at the LFS today were rather small (juvenile). If they start out as juveniles, would they get along? I have seen small tangs and butterflyfish together in 75 gallon tanks before.

Jesterrace

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They could but no promises since all saltwater fish are distinct individuals and although there are general rules individual fish can always break them.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom