Kleins Butterflyfish And Coc

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by CHAMELEON_BREEZE, Mar 19, 2019.

1. CHAMELEON_BREEZE

CHAMELEON_BREEZEValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +10
  2. Jesterrace

JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Experience:
    1 year
    Definitely skip the 6 line or 8 line wrasses. Once they mature they generally turn very nasty and can go on fish killing sprees. I think you forget that I recommended either doing a Butterflyfish or a Tang. The clean up crew will be a gamble with the Klein's (it could leave them alone or it could find them to be a tasty snack) but the Tang will be a bit more prone to aggression (although Kole Tangs are generally pretty decent as far as Tangs go). These are the wrasses I would recommend if you want Reef Safe Wrasses that won't mess with your clean up crew:

Even though it's Semi-Aggressive, I would definitely look at one of these as well as it's generally pretty well behaved:

The following are gamble with your clean up crew:

This Yellow Wrasse and the Red Lined are probably the two best behaved as far as being invert munchers from that last link.

3. OP
    OP
    CHAMELEON_BREEZE

Ratings:
    +10
    I did read that the Kole Tangs are more on the peaceful side to tangs then most tangs, which is why I'm thinking they will do okay with a butterfly. Also, the ones I saw at the LFS today were rather small (juvenile). If they start out as juveniles, would they get along? I have seen small tangs and butterflyfish together in 75 gallon tanks before.

4. Jesterrace

JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Experience:
    1 year
    They could but no promises since all saltwater fish are distinct individuals and although there are general rules individual fish can always break them.

5. OP
    OP
    CHAMELEON_BREEZE

Ratings:
    +10
    Okay. I'm thinking I'll either take the risk or just get one (or not get any of them, just stick with a dwarf angel) I'm also thinking I might not put the Trochus Snails in the 75 gallon.