Kleiner Bar propagation or "flowers"

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Ziggi, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

I came home from work and was graced with this image of my pride and joy (Kleiner Bar Sword) :

2012-12-10 16.48.24.jpg
    2012-12-10 16.49.04.jpg
    2012-12-10 16.49.35.jpg
    2012-12-10 16.50.04.jpg
    2012-12-10 16.51.14.jpg

So, I've heard that swords propagate through runners, and can send up flowers, but I've never heard this for the Kleiner Bar since its a hybrid plant (or something?) my question is:

Is that a runner... going the wrong direction? or Is that a "flower"?

2. c

chevyguy8893 Well Known Member Member

Nice, it looks like a runner that could produce flowers above the water if allowed and plants below. I've never had it happen to me, so I could be wrong. The plant must be doing really well either way :).

3. OP
    OP
    Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

Update: this runner has produced 2 new plants!

.... what on earth do I do with them? Clearly my plant is putting all of its energy into growing this runner, no new leaves on the mother plant. :( Should I cut it? its not going above the surface, it grew up then back down like a roller coaster. I even repositioned the runner so it could hang out of the tank (only the front half of my tank is covered... the light braces block any area for the second piece of glass to go) it sunk back into the tank. So I'm leaving it to do it's own thing, but I dont want my mother plant to have issues!

Pics to come

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice