Kiwi Flightless Birds

Oblivion
This video is so sad but has a great message...=(
In case you don't know, kiwis are flightless birds.

Oblivion
I cried ;(

Tom
That is so cute.
Tom

Oblivion
The creator was saying in the animation, the kiwI spent his whole life going towards his dream and he didn't care if he died after he fulfilled his dream =(

Tom
The creator was saying in the animation, the kiwI spent his whole life going towards his dream and he didn't care if he died after he fulfilled his dream =(

So you are saying to die for your dream is a bad thing? That, IMO, is one of the best things.
Tom

Kiwwi
This video is a really really good video. I saw it like 3 months ago. For a sad video it has a real deep meaning.

Oblivion
So you are saying to die for your dream is a bad thing? That, IMO, is one of the best things.
Tom

No, I was explaining it. Who cares if you fulfilled your dream is what I was getting at.

sirdarksol
To me, the question becomes "how important was your dream?"
There are things that I (hopefully) would be willing to die to complete that are (again, hopefully) worth the loss.
There are some people, however, who die in the pursuit of material goods, or fun. To me, this is a waste of life.

Oblivion
Really? He always wanted to fly and because he couldn't, like say a disabled person wanted to climb a mountain, and he did.

I guess the main message would be to always strive towards your dream despite adversity and what other people say. As long as you are happy and you are living you dreams, what else matters?

sirdarksol
Actually, I was unclear. I meant that material goods or fun at the cost of human life is a waste.
Thinking about it, however, I kind of would think this is a waste of life. It is a selfish death. Still a nice sentiment, since it's a cartoon and need not be taken literally, but if, say, Stephen Hawking killed himself climbing Mount Everest, I would feel that he had wasted the remainder of his life. There are so many things that he could accomplish, that he does accomplish whenever he sets his mind to a task.

Now... If Stephen Hawking were to lose his life climbing Mount Everest using/testing revolutionary technology, that would be an entirely different story, as there would be some meaning beyond his own enjoyment.
(This reminds me, has anyone ever seen video of him in the "zero-g" plane? It really looks like he's having fun.)

lilsoccakid
I think the point they were trying to show was that u only live once, and your goals are really worth dying for. this may not seem like a reasonable goal to some people, but everybody is different and has a different goal. what's the point of living without doing what you truly wanted? some people might disagree, but the motto I like to live by is
"live fast, die fun"

sirdarksol
A lot of people don't like the "You don't just owe yourself, you owe those around you, because they are the reason you live" sentiment. I'm not sure why, since it's pretty much true. Probably the only person who doesn't owe anybody is a hermit who lives in the middle of nowhere solely from nature.
Again, as this cartoon is not real life, it need not be taken literally. I'm just saying that dying for a dream that does nothing to help the world is a waste of life. Living life without enjoying it is also a waste, but you don't have to attempt to do the impossible to enjoy life.

lilsoccakid
I do agree with u sirdarksol, but I also think that a life without challanging the impossible, no matter what that is to each specific person, is a life wasted.

Oblivion
Either way, enjoy life to its fullest and fulfill your dreams. Life is short. How about that?

lilsoccakid
sounds good to me!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
KingOscar
Replies
Views
david1978