Kingd's Fishroom

1. KingD

KingD Fishlore VIP Member

Long post coming, so here we go. As some of you may know, my parents have blessed me with allowing me to start a fishroom in my basement. There is some work that has to get done to make the basement fish ready. We have to reinsulate some parts of the basement, put up some sheetrock up on the ceiling, and lastly, we have to paint the walls and floors with FlexSeal paint. Today we finally got to cleaning the some of basement. We almost cleared out the area that my racks/tanks will be going in. There was a bunch of random stuff we got rid of. We still have 3/4 of the basement to clean up but that will continue on Monday. I also decided to go through my fish stuff and boy did I have a lot. I kept most of the things like extra filters, bubblers, working lights, decor and other working equipment. I got rid of a good amount of stuff though, mainly things that were broken or I didn't trust.

I also found someone who was closing down their fishroom and was selling some tanks. They were only 15 minutes away from me so I ended up buying 3x20 longs and 2 sponge filters from them today. That's all they had that I really needed so it's a start... for now lol. Everything came up to $60 which I don't think is bad at all. They're all in perfect condition, they just need a good cleaning.

IMG_6982.JPG

Next steps are to continue cleaning and prepping the basement, find someone who can tap into my water lines so I can put a utility sink next to my racks for water changes, draw up a solid plan for my rack system, and go to Home Depot to buy some 2x4 and cinder blocks to build the racking system. I will post pictures of the plans later today. Any input will be accepted. Thanks for reading everyone :)

For everyone that I remember that wanted to be tagged :) @el337 @stella1979 @Bruxes and Bubbles @Flowingfins @Lchi87 @bizaliz3 @Five 97

2. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Congratulations I KNOW your fishroom and tanks gonna look good! Are you planning to breed fish or just to watch? It will be cool to see someone start a breeding operations like breeding fish and inverts.

3. OP
    OP
    KingD

Thank you! I plan on making it an nice as possible. I am going to be keeping them personally and breeding to sell.

4. Kenny777

To sell you should do RCS they go for quite a few or bettas would be cool to breed but is extremely difficult I'm planning to give it a try later down the road.

What are some fish planning are you thinking of doing?

5. stella1979

stella1979 Fishlore VIP Member

Congratulations @KingD !!!! I'm super happy for you, it's going to be so great! Thanks for tagging me. I'm excited to see your fish room come together.

6. OP
    OP
    KingD

RCS are one of the species on my list. I will also be trying to breed Apistogramma Cacatuoides Triple Red, Nebula Steel Guppies, Long Fin Lemon Bristlenose Plecos, Apistogramma Hongsloi, Long Fin Super Red Bristlenose Plecos, Neolamprologus Similis, and Apistogramma Trifasciata. Not all of these will be bred at the same time. I only want to breed 2-3 species at the same time. There's always room to add more fish to the list too lol

Thank you for wanting to follow along :)

7. Kenny777

Lol well good luck Fish Breeder God KingD ;)

8. OP
    OP
    KingD

Haha I'm flattered but I'm no god lol. Only thing I've ever really bred are guppies and assassin snails and there's nothing special about that. Hopefully this all goes well :)

9. stella1979

stella1979 Fishlore VIP Member

Now I'm really excited.. I love guppies! And RCS! And apistos and Neos. Plecos are growing on me though I've never had one.

10. Kenny777

Lolz wow cool I never bred any fish almost bred a King male and crowntail female however my neighbors took them away from me so I lost them.

11. OP
    OP
    KingD

Imagine how I excited I am lol. I love guppies also and I really want to get into specific strains instead of just mutts in my main tank lol. All the other fish are ones I've always wanted to keep (2 of them I already do) and breed. You should definitely get a BN pleco. They're awesome little guys

Aw man that sucks. Breeding betta is something I'd like to try when I have my own place to set up a betta barracks system. I'd love to breed platinum white half moon betta

12. Kenny777

Yeah it does but stuff happens like that. Oh that would be cool good luck on your future breeding!

13. vikingkirken

vikingkirken Well Known Member Member

Following, can't wait to see how this turns out!

14. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

So happy to see this finally happening!

15. Lchi87

Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

You must be besides yourself with excitement; I know I would be! Excited to see these lovely tanks come together. :D

16. OP
    OP
    KingD

Oh I most definitely am lol. This is like a dream come true

17. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

So exciting! Can wait to see the progress....

I believe the dollar per gallon sale is currently going on at petco if you needed some more tanks...

18. OP
    OP
    KingD

Oh more tanks will be coming my way haha. The DPG sale is going to be a very good friend of mine haha

Anyone wanna take a guess? :D

IMG_6990.jpg

19. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Yay! Congrats on the start of your fish room! This will be a very exciting journey and I'm happy to follow along.

Hmm... as for the package, I'm guessing it can't be fish already, can it??

20. OP
    OP
    KingD

Thanks for following along :)

Oh it sure is fish already lol