King Kong Or Mammon?

Brotato Chip

Hey all was looking to get a i.d on the classification of this guy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

tyguy7760

My guess would be king kong. From what i've read mammons are just a very high grade of king kong parrots. Usually being extremely expensive and they develop nuchal humps. The fact that this one does not have the notched head nor the open mouth leads me to believe it is in fact a king kong. Can't really tell the size from the pictures but since it doesn't have a nuchal hump (assuming this is a mature one) and can't really tell on the color makes me think it's not a mammon. If they are charging over a couple hundred it may be mammon

Brotato Chip

This guy is probaby around 6 or 7 inches. No he was not close to hundred, picked he/she up for 30. The face looks more red devil and body is slender with an attitude to go with that face and teeth. I place it in my 120 with a male salvinI and male jd. I had never heard of a kk or mammon I just thought it was higher quality bp. What can I expect from this guy on aggression level. I take it he will be bigger compared to a normal bp? My lights fade the bright red of the fish

tyguy7760

Yeah you can expect a higher aggression level from KK's than regular blood parrots. Much more aggressive and they have the anatomy to back it up unlike the blood parrots who can't bite. He will get larger but I'm not sure what the difference in genetics are between regular BP's and KK

Brotato Chip

Thank you for the help and insight!

Brotato Chip

Update so the kk was way to much for the jd and salvinI (moved them over to my 90). Looking into finding a tank mate or even to try and pair it up. What would be a ideal tank mate for the kk?

tyguy7760

Sorry you are outside my realm of knowledge on the matter

slayer5590 what do you think?

slayer5590

It most likely won't accept any other cichlids as tank mates at this point.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom