King Bettas?

HannahH

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey everybody!

I was wondering if anyone has any information about king bettas? Do they get really large? How is their life span and health? Are they prone to any health problems?

I am moving in 2ish months and once I move and re-cycle my tank I am going to look for king bettas. I think he would look amazing in my tank.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They don't get too much larger than what they are at the store, usually, they are sold large already.
I believe that they have the same lifespan of normal Betta Splendens, but not entirely sure They shouldn't have health issues if kept properly.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fanatic said:
They don't get too much larger than what they are at the store, usually, they are sold large already.
I believe that they have the same lifespan of normal Betta Splendens, but not entirely sure They shouldn't have health issues if kept properly.
Yeah they are just breed by haveing two bigger bettas. I dont think it was bred from a deformity or anything like the doubletail.

WhatsUpGuys

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
“King betta” is a term coined by Petco. There is a variety of betta called the giant betta, which can grow up to 4 inches (10 cm). King bettas are usually half-giants, meaning one of the parents is a giant and the other is normal.

Most giants and half-giants are plakats, with short fins. There are no halfmoon giants because the long fins would be too heavy to swim with.

For reference, normal plakats max out at about 2 inches.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom