Kinezumi89's RAOK!

kinezumi89
Well, I finally have something with which I can do a RAOK! I have de-jungle-ified the jungle tank, so now I have a bunch of najas grass. I know there was a najas-grass-RAOK not too long ago, but I'd hate to just throw this stuff away if someone else wants it, and more people participated than won (if I remember) so hopefully there are still some najas-grass-wanting people out there. Winner will pay shipping, and I can unfortunately only ship to the continental US.

**Please remember that you must have 50 posts to participate in RAOK contests.

Instructions: Recently there was an art RAOK, but a few members expressed an inability to scan and upload pictures. SO this is art RAOK part II - you MUST use MS Paint or a similar program (I don't have any Apple computer products, but there must be a similar art program, I imagine). And use of a tablet/stylus is strictly forbidden! The art will in no way be museum-worthy, and that's the point. Have fun, draw anything (fish-related or not) and upload the picture. The winner (singular) will not be decided based on skill (because really, who has skill drawing with a mouse?), but based on picture content. Yeah, a little subjective, but how else can you grade art? ;D The contest will end Sunday, August 18th at midnight, so you have two weeks to draw and upload your Rembrandt.

I would pretty please prefer if the winner is able to receive the najas grass in the following week, as classes will start the week after that, and I'd like to not have to deal with shipping and such once I'm busy with school. (17 credit hours of engineering classes..groan)

So get to it, artists!

Attachments

• jungle tank.JPG
    jungle tank.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 549
  • dejungle tank.JPG
    dejungle tank.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 213
  • raok najas.JPG
    raok najas.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 207
oscarsbud
Ok - let me be the first to submit my drawing. After looking at this, no one should be afraid to submit a picture. I always say I couldn't draw a stick man if my life depended on it

bad fish picture.png

kinezumi89
LOL I love it! You really captured the fear in the smaller fish's eye

jwhorner6
Okay...this one took me a while...

marimo.png

It is a picture of my marimo ball

A Sneaky Fatman
Creepers be creepin'

Attachments

• rsz_creeper_raok_pic.jpg
    rsz_creeper_raok_pic.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 180
cognizant
Okay, here's my entry...

fl contest.png

Note: I do not condone fish bowls!

kinezumi89
Ohh cognizant...that art is looking mighty fine...did you read the rules?

SO this is art RAOK part II - you MUST use MS Paint or a similar program...And use of a tablet/stylus is strictly forbidden!

I of course do not mean to imply that you DIDN'T read the rules, I'm just amazed at how smooth your lines are! I know you can make little oval-things, but like...how did you get his mouth and nose to look so smooth? I just want to make sure extraneous equipment wasn't involved

Also LOL at putting a goldfish bowl...it seems so ironic to see on this site! ;D

Looking great, everyone! Hopefully this is a sign that there will be lots of participants. The more, the merrier!

Junne
Is photoshop okay???.... I guess the rules were a bit subjective to me.... okay... the picture is real..... and well.. The "bone daddy" is... I'll leave that up to your imagination.....
okay... Halloween is coming right?

DSC_1048 jack on the road.jpg

Junne

kinezumi89
Sorry Junne, I decided for this RAOK that participants have to use Microsoft Paint or the Apple equivalent (whatever that may be). You obviously have superior photography skills anyway, so that wouldn't be fair to everyone else without formal training.

...you MUST use MS Paint or a similar program (I don't have any Apple computer products, but there must be a similar art program, I imagine). And use of a tablet/stylus is strictly forbidden!

I figured this way it would be most fair, since no one is really skilled at drawing with a mouse, so everyone's pictures would look equally silly. If you'd like to draw something to upload that is obviously okay. That is definitely an awesome picture, though! You must have had to put the camera on the ground, haha. I love the point of view.

Junne
Sorry Junne, I decided for this RAOK that participants have to use Microsoft Paint or the Apple equivalent (whatever that may be). You obviously have superior photography skills anyway, so that wouldn't be fair to everyone else without formal training.

I figured this way it would be most fair, since no one is really skilled at drawing with a mouse, so everyone's pictures would look equally silly. If you'd like to draw something to upload that is obviously okay. That is definitely an awesome picture, though! You must have had to put the camera on the ground, haha. I love the point of view.

LOL - I was just messing with ya!!! okay... ahem.... back to my serious self.... LOL
And yes, the camera was on the ground

cognizant
Ohh cognizant...that art is looking mighty fine...did you read the rules?

I of course do not mean to imply that you DIDN'T read the rules, I'm just amazed at how smooth your lines are! I know you can make little oval-things, but like...how did you get his mouth and nose to look so smooth? I just want to make sure extraneous equipment wasn't involved

Also LOL at putting a goldfish bowl...it seems so ironic to see on this site! ;D

Looking great, everyone! Hopefully this is a sign that there will be lots of participants. The more, the merrier!

There is a thing in MS Paint, it looks like a squiggly line... you draw a line and then drag it to make rounded edges. It's called "Curve". Hold on, I'll show you.

fl contest explanation.png

Now that I have explained my secret everyone will use it! lol

Junne
Wow honestly, I had no idea people still use MS paint. My son does though because I won't let him use the Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop yet.......

kinezumi89
cognizant: You learn something new every day! It's okay, I'm not judging based on skill anyway

Junne: I don't think people purposely use it Well, I do when I take screenshots; I paste it and save it as a jpeg. Anyway, I figure it's something that everyone has, so it makes things fair, since some people don't have scanners to upload a drawing, or Photoshop, etc. (Also, I didn't know you had a serious self )

cognizant
No biggie, I don't even want to be considered for the contest. I was just challenging myself to make an actual picture using MS Paint.

Junne
cognizant: You learn something new every day! It's okay, I'm not judging based on skill anyway

Junne: I don't think people purposely use it Well, I do when I take screenshots; I paste it and save it as a jpeg. Anyway, I figure it's something that everyone has, so it makes things fair, since some people don't have scanners to upload a drawing, or Photoshop, etc. (Also, I didn't know you had a serious self )

haha I hope you didn't take that as an insult - what I meant was, with all of the different photo programs out there ( and yes, I use photoshop for drawing ) I was just surprised that people even use it. No offense
but your doing a great thing keeping it simple - I just love to mess that up right? LOLOLO
I sometimes have a hard time keeping it simple - as an engineer, you know what I am talking about right? Thanks for setting me straight, friend!

kinezumi89
cognizant: LOL Well you should have said so! ;D

Junne: Of course not! Though it did come in handy when I drew a picture of my sponge filter setup for someone to review. Not all of us have outrageously expensive graphics design programs you know ;D

And of course I know! Can't forget Occam's Razor, you know The simplest solution is usually the best, and the simplest explanation usually the most likely. (Example: I'm missing a sock! Where did it go? Lost in the dryer? Or abducted by aliens??)

***I don't mind at all if you want to share a picture (though there may be mods who request only people who want to participate post pictures) but please let me know if you don't want to be considered for the najas grass! Makes my job easier (I would make this red but I don't know how haha.)

slashgash

wpart.png

This is a drawing of a doggy I made and colored completely in paint.

kinezumi89
Adorable! I didn't know anyone could draw so well in Paint, haha. (I sure can't, at least.)

Cichlidnut
You know, you ninja'd my ROAK. Darn squirrels taking over the forum. You're offering the same thing that I am but I made my ROAK first! lol

kinezumi89
;D

Lol sorry! It had totally overtaken my tank. I pulled it all out and was about to throw it away, and thought...ZeeZ just did a najas grass RAOK and a bunch of people entered, so I'm sure some didn't get any who'd wanted some. I've never shipped anything, but I can't imagine shipping a plant would be too hard, so I figure as long as I don't have to pay shipping, might as well let someone else have some! I started with a few tiny bits that came with the shrimp I got from ZeeZ (so see, for those of you who didn't win his RAOK, you're still getting ZeeZ-najas-grass ) and in a few months time, completely filled my 2.5 gallon.

Also if you made your RAOK first, then I think you ninja-ed me

Cichlidnut
But I have wayyyy more of the stuff I'm trying to pawn off err Give away.

kinezumi89
You're such a good samaritan. I would give away more stuff if I had more stuff to give! I haven't accumulated enough junk err treasures yet.

aylad

robinhood.png

Here's my submission. ;D

EDIT: replaced with a .png so it wouldn't mess up the colors/edges

Attachments

• robinhood.jpg
    robinhood.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 167
kinezumi89
Holy cow, that's pretty good! I have to ask, just to make sure.. You did that in Paint, right? Without a tablet? You people are way better at drawing with a mouse than I am! ;D

aylad
In Paint, no tablet (which hurt because I looooove my tablet ).

I used to draw a webcomic partly in Paint, and before that I did some unpaid graphical work for an indie video game, also in Paint... so I've had plenty of time to get used to mouse-drawing.

Glad you liked it! ;D

APColorado
Here is my master piece, it's an original

Momma Rainbow fish.jpg

ZeeZ
;D

Lol sorry! It had totally overtaken my tank. I pulled it all out and was about to throw it away, and thought...ZeeZ just did a najas grass RAOK and a bunch of people entered, so I'm sure some didn't get any who'd wanted some. I've never shipped anything, but I can't imagine shipping a plant would be too hard, so I figure as long as I don't have to pay shipping, might as well let someone else have some! I started with a few tiny bits that came with the shrimp I got from ZeeZ (so see, for those of you who didn't win his RAOK, you're still getting ZeeZ-najas-grass ) and in a few months time, completely filled my 2.5 gallon.

Also if you made your RAOK first, then I think you ninja-ed me

Yes, yes, yes, I have sown discord with my Najas Grass! Mwahahaha!My evil plan is coming to fruition! >

kinezumi89
Oh I don't have any discord, I just have too much of the stuff

DIYFishGuy
Here is something that I whipped up.

sillyness.png

LyndaB
Ok, here goes nothing, as they say. This is my first time using Paint, so if you feel the need to howl with laughter, you have my permission.

blood%20parrot%20art[1].jpg

Darnitall, the bmp wouldn't open, and now I can't delete it from my post..... arggggggggggggggh!

Attachments

• blood parrot art.bmp
    335.4 KB · Views: 179
kinezumi89
The bmp works for me

LyndaB
Oh, aren't you lucky, twice the viewing pleasure!

llama roadkill

Puffer.png
The puffer is being attacked by a shark!

DearPrudence

photo(1).JPG

Here's something weird for ya!

llama roadkill
I really hope I win! I need some floating cover and this would be perfect!

Good luck to all of you I really like ornery hipster's painting! Somewhat Creepy...

jwhorner6
Not sure anyone stands a chance against my marimo ball painting. If I don't win then this ROAK is rigged. LOL

kinezumi89
Would anyone be opposed to me choosing more than one winner? Of course, this means the winners won't get all the najas grass, but I initially only received a couple inches, and in a few months' time it overgrew my tank. So you don't need much to start with.

jwhorner6
I don't think anyone would be opposed to anything free lol. Besides, it is your ROAK, so you make the rules

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aquarist
Replies
Views
nippybetta
Replies
Views
amber0107
Replies
Views