Kinda Restocking 29g

oOBlueOo

I think I'm looking for tank mates that are the same size as cherry barbs. My male is getting super pushy with his girlfriends. As a precaution I'm removing the guppies and cycling a 10 gallon for the betta. They're in breeder nets for now.

He doesn't seem to mind the shrimp, so I'd leave those in there. But what would be good stocking options?

After the guppies and betta are out, there will be 3 female cherries and 1 male. Plus shrimp. I thought about exchanging the male to see if I could get one less pushy. My one I had before him was super docile.

Any suggestions?

Ed204

You could expand your cherry barb school and add a center piece Fish if you'd like. Maybe a single male Apistogramma Cacatuoides, they're beautiful fish.
How many shrimp do you have?

Your stocking should look like this:
1x Male Apistogramma Cacatuiodes
8-10x Cherry Barbs
Shrimp

oOBlueOo

Not sure on the shrimp. They're cherries, also. And they breed quite a bit. I counted 10 in close proximity to each other yesterday.

Will the apistogramma eat the baby shrimp?

Ed204

Not sure on the shrimp. They're cherries, also. And they breed quite a bit. I counted 10 in close proximity to each other yesterday.

Will the apistogramma eat the baby shrimp?
They'll surely eat the Shirmp babies, that's why seperating holding females and putting them in a breeder net or a Fry tank is the best choice

oOBlueOo

I don't know if that would work. It was really hard to catch all the guppies and I suspect there's one swimming free, yet.

I have it heavily planted. Possibly that would hide any shrimplets. I never see a berried shrimp. Babies just appear.

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom