Kind or cruel ?

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by safzola, Aug 7, 2014.

1. safzola

safzola Well Known Member Member

hi there everyone i have a load of baby angelfish that i never had the heart to cull ......... as they are growing i can see a few deformities in there fins,they are 12 weeks and a few looking rather strange, there fins are not straight they curl and lean to one side the babys in themselves are fine and doing great ..... what i need to no is will they get worse or be ok as they grow, i carnt kill any living thing i care too much i have saved many animals in my past and love these strange looking babys i just hope that im not putting these through any stress as they get larger........:;smack im only tryn to give them a chance perfect or not they are as beautiful as the others:;hug2

2. I love my puffer

I love my puffer Valued Member Member

They should be okay just watch them as they grow. But if it gets worse and effect them to greatly-swimming upside down,etc you might not have a choice. But as long as they grow, stay healthy and are not affected by it to greatly they should be fine:)

3. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

It's always hard culling fry but if they don't improve or get even worse as they get older it'll be even harder to euthanise them.
    If they don't get any worse as they grow have you got space to keep a number of deformed fish that you can't sell or even give away?
    I know it's horrible to have to think about euthanising any fish but sometimes it has to be done unfortunately.

4. I love my puffer

5. OP
    OP
    safzola

yeah we have plenty room,theres only about 5 so dont mind keeping them,i will keep a close eye on them.......

6. I love my puffer

Awesome:)

7. OP
    OP
    safzola

8. OP
    OP
    safzola

thank you all your the best:;hug2............ love my angels:;thx

9. I love my puffer

Anytime:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice