Killing time at work.

1. HitchHiker Member Member

Its Christmas Eve and we have to come in and "work" for half the day. The nice thing is that we will be payed for the full day, but no one is really doing anything. So I sit here at my computer praying that no one has any major problems, and planning my new tank, it just finished cycling. So I thought that I would see if there is anyone else out there "working" hard this Christmas eve.

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I'm working hard this Christmas Eve, too!

Your timing ended up being perfect. I love that you cycled a bucket. :;laughing

3. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I'm working in retail this Christmas Eve....just kill me now

4. bubblefish Member Member

I'm sitting at my desk at work right now. I'm also here until noon and hoping that there won't be any urgent problems that arise.

5. Tavel Well Known Member Member

My wife is working too...but animals don't abstain from getting sick just because it's inconvenient. (animal hospital)

They have a few surgeries and appointments, but they're mostly there for the "OMG I DROPPED A TURKEY ON SPOT!" people.

6. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Amanda, my mom works retail at the mall. Christmas season is really tough on her. She has to be at work sometimes at 6 am, and works 12 hours on some days.

7. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Yep, I work at the mall too.
    It really ruins christmas for you, I'm truly hating the holidays right now because of how NASTY people are when they are shopping

8. crazedACD Member Member

I managed to escape working today for some unknown reason :D.. pretty happy about that.

9. HitchHiker Member Member

I really sympathize with all of you that have to work retail. In someways I really miss it.

10. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

To all of you that have to work today, YOU HAVE MY BEST WISHES FOR A FABULOUS DAY AT WORK!

Anyone who works in retail-Bless Your Heart! I admire your patience and restraint (from slapping the rude people). Even if the people who come into your store don't appreciate you, your friends here on Fishlore do:;hug2. Hopefully, everything will calm down after the mad "day after Christmas" rush. Then it'll be peace and quiet for another month or so while people pay off their Christmas debt.

11. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

I'm also at work and have to stay the whole day incase of any issues (IT) but it should be pretty quiet.

12. HitchHiker Member Member

I hear you there, luckily, everyone at the site I am at is leaving so if anything goes wrong at our other location they have to call anyway, and I take care of it remotely.

Well here is wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas, I am out of here off to bake pies and other goodies. I hope that y'all have a wonderful time and find a few moment for quiet contemplation.

13. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I left for lunch.. ;)

14. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

45 minutes left to go. Sucking on a Ice Breakers mint to keep aware.