Killifish Laying Eggs

BillynJennifer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got this male and female Golden Wonder Killifish a few weeks back and noticed them laying eggs today.

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice, I had two gardneris who were doing this for a while until the female jumled out of the tank!!!
Something like java moss or a dense plant is good for them to lay their eggs in for a better chance of survival. Theyll prob eat their own eggs the first few times but eventually itll work

OP
BillynJennifer

BillynJennifer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
SnookusFish said:
Nice, I had two gardneris who were doing this for a while until the female jumled out of the tank!!!
Something like java moss or a dense plant is good for them to lay their eggs in for a better chance of survival. Theyll prob eat their own eggs the first few times but eventually itll work
Once they were done, I vaccumed the gravel where they were laying and was able to save one egg. The Corydoras went after the eggs as soon as they could.

OP
BillynJennifer

BillynJennifer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
SnookusFish said:
Unfortunately, my male made the big leap the night I posted this. I've got to get a glass cover and get another male GWK and hope the male and female pair up.

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Unlucky. I got a new gardnerI female and theyve paired up already. I have a lid but she landed on a thin ledge inside the tank!!! I hope these ones do better

OP
BillynJennifer

BillynJennifer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
SnookusFish said:
Unlucky. I got a new gardnerI female and theyve paired up already. I have a lid but she landed on a thin ledge inside the tank!!! I hope these ones do better
I was excited about this pair, now I've got to set up another pair.

New Threads