killer crayfish please help

bigisrick
I have a 40 gallon fresh water and the only thing still alive is a large cray fish. I would like to put something else in the tank but she will just eat it. Any suggestions on anything else I could put in the tank? will the cray fish take out say a fiddler crab? or ar there any ecspecially hearty fish I can get to acompany my beautiful aquarium?

Advertisement
Wolfgang8810
I have a 4 inch blue cray in my 10 gallon and as long as you keep them fead really well they shouldnt bother anyone else in the tank. Dont get and bottom dwellers though. pretth much any mid to upper region schooling fish would be ok. this is only with my cray yours may ahve a different temperment. Hope this helps

MArk

Advertisement
Wolfgang8810
correction once it gets larger it will eat anything that comes near it. I just lost a green tiger barb that followed a shrimp pellet down. RIP

Peterpiper
I have a 40 gallon fresh water and the only thing still alive is a large cray fish. I would like to put something else in the tank but she will just eat it. Any suggestions on anything else I could put in the tank? will the cray fish take out say a fiddler crab? or ar there any ecspecially hearty fish I can get to acompany my beautiful aquarium?

I think the cray will keep eating smaller fish, and if you put in a bigger fish, it might eat the cray

zeddy
I had the same problam and eventualy sold it after I watched it swim up and kill a 2in angle but pending on the size of your tank look at large ciclids like green terror or j.d's

Gunnie
I had the same problem and all the fish eventually got killed and eaten in that tank. I don't know of any fish that would be safe in that tank, and the larger fish mentioned would be prey to the crayfish also until they got bigger. Once they got large though, the crayfish would probably be the victim.

slowhand35
What type of blue cray is it?
I have a blue yabbie cray in my african peacock tank that is 6 inches long not counting the pinchers.
The peacocks are all 4 to 5 inches.
I don't have any problems with them.
I have a mess of babies from a female I had in there as well.
I pulled her because of the baby's.
I think the type of cray makes all the difference.
ClarkiI blues, reds, and whites and even some alleniI are more aggressive then other crays.
The aussie yabbies are much less aggressive.

Wolfgang8810
Its impossable to get the aussie crays here because its illegal. I'm in Florida but I have 2 female blue crays growing up so I can sell them they are cute little buggers though

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
dixaut75
Replies
Views
Lynx
Replies
Views
J.Ho
Replies
Views