Kiara's 10g Betta Tank

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by Kiara1125, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Kiara1125Well Known MemberMember

This is my betta tank. It has three male bettas, red cherry shrimp, and 7 platy fry. Going left to right, my bettas are: Titanium- black/blue/green crowntail, Glacier- blue/purple/white marble crowntail, and Firefly- red doubletail halfmoon. I've had Fire since June of last year and Titanium since August-ish. I got Glacier a month ago and he ended up getting severely sick. I was able to treat him and he's doing great now. I also have another crowntail mamed Daeva. He's a purple/red/pink butterfly who is currently living in my community. There was a female betta in there, but I moved her to a 2.5g due to aggression issues. Owl is a cambodian roundtail plakat. I did have a purple/yellow marble veiltail that my boyfriend (AKA ZombieKeepr) gave me a year ago, but he died on Christmas due to dropsy. I want to say that he was around 3-4 years old, so he did good. I'm just glad that I was able to provide him with a good home and a peaceful ending. I will forever miss that betta.

Anyways, here's a video of the tank and some pics of the others.

10g Betta Tank
    [video]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj558/bk_1125/4FFD8593-C929-4592-A097-EC548CB13C38-522-0000006DC9372B72.mp4[/video]

Daeva (and shrimp)
    [video]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj558/bk_1125/480AECCD-9DAA-4B29-A552-7ACAA29E5A86-772-00000118CB5B1FF2.mp4[/video]

Glacier

(Just got home)

(Now ... again, he just got back from having SBD and fin rot)

Owl

(Before)
    [​IMG]

(Now)

Also ... See the before and after with Fire? This was when I first got him. His fins have doubled in length AT LEAST. :D

(Fresh from the store)
    [​IMG]

(Literally a WEEK later)
    [​IMG]

(Now)

Thanks for viewing and please give your opinion on my tanks/fish! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. EthanWell Known MemberMember

it is amazing what a good aquarium and care can do for a betta. i have seen so many drastic changes in them from store to home i think that is why i am drawn to the sick/injured ones in the stores i want to nurture it back to it's full glory like many on this forum do ;D

3. Kiara1125Well Known MemberMember

Yep! I love bettas so much. I was worried about Owl because she hardly ate when I first got her. Now she's blossomed and done amazingly well. I do wonder how Glacier will turn out with his marbling though. I can't wait! :D

4. EthanWell Known MemberMember

if you want go check out the my new baby thread i have i think you would like it :D

5. AquariaUKValued MemberMember

Cool tank! I nearly fainted when you said you had three males in the same tank but then I saw the dividers in the video :) Watch out for Glacier, but you're doing great!

6. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

Beautiful Bettas!

Ken

7. Kiara1125Well Known MemberMember

Thank you all so much! And, about the bettas being together ... I've been keeping bettas for 3 years, so don't worry, I know my stuff. :p

I'll check out your thread OnTheFry. :)

8. skjl47Valued MemberMember

Hello Kiara1125; Welcome to the forum. I like your pictures. I also like your poodle fish. I knew another Kiara 1125 at one time and If you turn out to be as nice, all will fine. I hope that you enjoy the forum.

9. ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

hehe, skjl, that's her. :p IDK about nice but in any case, she's my little demon ... xD

10. oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

Hello and Welcome!

Your fish are beautiful. You are doing an amazing job with them and they all look very happy.

11. Kiara1125Well Known MemberMember

Yep, same person. Hehe. I didn't know you were on here. It's great to know some people. Still, like the zombie said, I'm his little demon. xD as for my "dogfish", he's Maxwell, my Bichon Frisé.

12. skjl47Valued MemberMember

Hello; Been on this forum for a while and have run into some of the same issues as on the other forum. Many members are reasonable and helpful with sound advice, others not so much. Overall it is a decent forum and worth the time spent. An overall friendly forum. It is much more active day to day.
    By the way how did that 16 thing work out?

13. Kiara1125Well Known MemberMember

Well, just like you, I was 16 once. 17 now and I'm not seeing any difference. If anything, my parents are restricting my freedom. But, I get my revenge through supporting my fish hobby which they despise. lol still, I like the people on here better. They're nicer and more interactive like you said. I enjoy posting here already. I'm debating on posting a thread on my 20gL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice