Keyhole cichlid vs german blue ram.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Keyholes will eat the Endlers (and possibly the Rasboras) when they get larger, so I think you will want the Rams. I don't see anything on your list that would be incompatible with those.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DoubleDutch: the key phrase there is that you've never SEEN them do it. Neither have I, but when they are the only large fish in the tank with a bunch of small ones and small ones start disappearing, you can pretty much figure out who did it.

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love the look of Rams but my water is not suitable.

Keyholes have more subtle colouring but have their charm and I have enjoyed keeping a male. He was well behaved and longer lived than Rams are reputed to be.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Would the same thing apply to apistogramma agasizzi? German blue rams are the smallest of the selection right?
Yes, A, agassizi (however you spell it) should work also.
Idk which is the smallest. They're all around the same size I believe.
Just a note on GBRs water quality: they don't need a low pH. I and several other members have kept them in a high pH successfully (8+ pH). They can even breed in that high of a pH. That pH just wouldn't work for wild specimens.

Harlebleondora

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes, A, agassizi (however you spell it) should work also.
Idk which is the smallest. They're all around the same size I believe.
Just a note on GBRs water quality: they don't need a low pH. I and several other members have kept them in a high pH successfully (8+ pH). They can even breed in that high of a pH. That pH just wouldn't work for wild specimens.
Yeah, I might choose rams because of how "domesticated" they are, although I do love unusual and oddball fish.

Thanks anders!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom